Title: Event Notification Report
Date: April 17, 2013
Facility: FARLEY [Alabama ...]
Event Date: 04/16/2013
Event Time: 22:47 [CDT ...]
POTENTIALLY CONTAMINATED INDIVIDUAL TRANSPORTED TO OFFSITE MEDICAL FACILITY
“Contract worker suffered a non-occupational medical emergency while working inside the Unit 2 Containment Building (105′ elevation). The worker was working in a contaminated area when the event occurred. He was transported to Southeast Alabama Medical Center via ambulance. The worker is potentially contaminated. Health Physics provided escort in the ambulance.
“Farley Nuclear Plant [was] notified by Health Physics on 4/17/13 at 0028 [CDT] that [the] individual was surveyed and no contamination was found.”
The licensee has notified the NRC Resident Inspector.
Published: April 17th, 2013 at 9:12 am ET
- U.S. nuclear worker died after falling while in contaminated area — Had on ‘anti-contamination clothing’ — Ambulance, medical personnel checked for radiation February 21, 2013
- U.S. nuclear worker’s death blamed on natural causes — Injured after falling in contaminated area March 22, 2013
- Emergency declared at U.S. nuclear plant due to fire in turbine building — Two ‘reflash events’ occurred — Fire emergency lasted over four hours #PaloVerde September 5, 2013
- Officials: Fire/Explosion Reported at US Nuclear Plant — Emergency Alert Declared — Fire/Explosion occurred after “unexpected power decrease” in reactor — “Emergency response facilities staffed” — “Abnormal event with potential to impact plant equipment or public health and safety” (VIDEO) February 9, 2016
- NRC: “Degraded condition” at Illinois nuclear plant — Leak inside primary containment — Days after emergency due to lightning strike April 30, 2013