Partial meltdown hits Fukushima nuclear plant, The Independent, May 13, 2011:
“The situation is clearly far more serious than previously reported, and could escalate rapidly if the lava melts through the reactor vessel,” warned Jan Beránek of Greenpeace.
Published: May 13th, 2011 at 2:57 pm ET
- Molten fuel bore a hole at bottom of Containment Vessel at Reactor No. 1– Pressure Vessel is “completely broken” says Kyoto U. nuclear professor May 17, 2011
- Japan Times on Melt Through: “Molten ‘lava’ melted bottom of containment vessel,” says nuclear engineer given access by top official — Huge amounts of fission materials released into environment April 18, 2012
- TEPCO official describes possible meltdown at No. 1 reactor: The “molten fuel accumulates like lava” April 21, 2011
- Fukushima Whistleblower: Container vessel melting like honeycomb — “Can you believe it is out of the container vessel”? (PHOTOS) January 3, 2012
- Explosion Danger at Reactor No. 1? Worker says hydrogen levels over 4% in pipe leading to Containment Vessel — Mainichi: “Danger of explosion” if over 4% September 23, 2011