Coast to Coast AM with George Noory, November 20, 2012:
Professor Michio Kaku, City College of New York:
We had three simultaneous core meltdowns in Fukushima, but the uranium actually liquified — liquified — we’ve never seen a totally liquified core before.
First time in history.
But the Fukushima reactor actually melted totally.
Michio Kaku: American theoretical physicist, the Henry Semat Professor of Theoretical Physics in the City College of New York of City University of New York, a co-founder of string field theory [...] Kaku graduated summa cum laude from Harvard University in 1968 and was first in his physics class. He attended the Berkeley Radiation Laboratory at the University of California, Berkeley and received a Ph.D. in 1972.
Published: November 22nd, 2012 at 9:33 am ET
- Physicist: Unit 2 completely liquified, 100% liquification of uranium core — “We’ve never seen this before in the history of nuclear power” (VIDEO) May 14, 2012
- Michio Kaku: “The Chernobyl core is still melting into the earth” — May yet hit groundwater and create steam explosion (VIDEO) May 14, 2012
- Professor Shocked: “The core completely liquified — There’s nothing left — There’s no hook — There’s no remaining collapsed core” (VIDEO) May 14, 2012
- Michio Kaku on Spent Fuel Pool No. 4: People don’t realize it’s on a knife’s edge — Near the tipping point (AUDIO) May 14, 2012
- Kaku: Human civilization may destroy itself, “I mean, look at Fukushima” — Liquefication of 3 nuclear reactor cores… First time any core ever liquefied — It’s still out of control, 3/11 disaster could start all over again (VIDEO) September 29, 2013