Title: PROMETHEUS TRAP/ ‘Shadow units’ (6): SDF members exposed to high radiation levels in reactor explosion
Source: AJW by The Asahi Shimbun
Author: HIDEFUMI NOGAMI
Date: March 15, 2013
Six members of the Central NBC Weapon Defense Unit, including unit commander Col. Shinji Iwakuma, could not be contacted after an explosion occurred at the No. 3 reactor of the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant on March 14, 2011. [...]
“If you’re looking for me, I’m here.”
It was Iwakuma. The other five members of his unit were with him.
[...] NIRS specialists checked the radiation exposure levels of Iwakuma and his men.
“These are very high,” one specialist said. “It will be dangerous if all six of you are together in one place. Move away from each other.”
If people who have been exposed to high levels of radiation stand in close proximity to each other, they will only further heighten the levels, just by being close to one another.
Iwakuma realized then the grave severity of the dangerous situation he had experienced.
See also: Video of Ex-Fukushima Chief: Reactor 3 debris flew into control room after explosion -- Workers 'saints in hell' -- "Thought he could have died"
Published: March 15th, 2013 at 8:44 am ET
- New Gov’t Report: No answer for how radioactive materials leaked from Fukushima reactors — Unknown why Unit 1 exploded — Don’t know reason Unit 2 released so much …More July 23, 2012
- Mayor: “Particles were falling on us from the sky… radioactive dust” after Fukushima Unit 1 exploded — I’m not sure if this is related but I have a cyst in my thyroid (VIDEO) January 4, 2013
- Asahi: Secret cable shows highest-ranking U.S. military officer ‘deeply concerned’ about Fukushima Unit 4 after 3/11 — Fuel pool “might be empty” and needed water from above February 7, 2013
- Green, contaminated water fills bottom of Unit 4 – Removed: Report, photos of destroyed containment vessel interior deleted from website — Reporters: We strongly feel that effort from whole nation is needed to face future at Fukushima (PHOTO) February 13, 2014
- Gundersen: “Discovery of neutron sources off site means Unit 3 fuel was broken by Unit 3 detonation” — “I said that 18 months ago, and it looks like the NRC agrees” January 16, 2013