July 5, 2012 report from Koichi Oyama, Minamisoma city council member, translated by Dissensus Japan:
Highly contaminated black algae due to bioaccumulation have been observed everywhere, and the city takes its water from the Abukuma mountains and Iidatemura village. The most wells are shallow here so that they become cloudy when it rains.
Under the influence of the attractive force, every object with mass goes from higher to lower areas.
Iidatemura village marks high dose now, but radioactivity will run down with a wind, water or tissues of plants (such as pollen or leaves) to Minamisoma, which is in a downstream basin and has about 400 elevation difference.
Why does [Mayor] Sakurai ignores this?
Published: July 5th, 2012 at 2:48 pm ET
- Official at Meeting: “We recognize that there are black materials everywhere in the city” of Minamisoma March 21, 2012
- Official: Plutonium detected in black substance from Minamisoma (PHOTOS) April 27, 2012
- Minamisoma Official: Plutonium detection not being published by gov’t — Mayor should be blamed if people die July 3, 2012
- 10,000,000 Bq/kg of cesium detected in Minamisoma soil sample -Local Official May 16, 2012
- Massive amount of mystery black substance found on road in Minamisoma after several days of rain and snow — Emitting 50 microSv/hr (PHOTO) March 7, 2012