SOURCE: Fukushima Nuclear Worker Dies, Wall Street Journal by YUKA HAYASHI, October 7, 2011
A worker hired to help bring the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant under control died suddenly Thursday [...] He was taken to a hospital immediately, and died the next morning.
“We can’t disclose what was cited as the cause on his death certificate because it would amount to violation of privacy,” a Tepco spokesman said. [...]
The worker who died this week had worked there since Aug. 8, helping to install a tank used to treat contaminated water. He spent a total of 46 days at the plant [...]
A Sept. 9 whole-body scan of the man had shown no excessive exposure, the spokesman said. Tepco is still waiting for a test result to see if the worker had experienced more internal exposure since.
Read the report here.
Published: October 7th, 2011 at 7:41 am ET
- 3rd Fukushima Nuke Worker Dead October 6, 2011
- Another Fukushima worker exposed to high level of radiation — Radioactive material attached to jaw, neck — Severe internal exposure likely October 8, 2011
- Tepco: Fukushima plant worker collapses for unknown reasons, suffers cardiac arrest — Internal and external radiation dose over 25 millisieverts August 22, 2012
- Fukushima Daiichi worker dies from heart attack — Tepco questioned over fatality rate at plant — Not caused by radiation “because he died of a heart attack” August 23, 2012
- NBC News: ‘Biblical devastation’ from Fukushima disaster, says former official — TV: “When I was mayor, I knew many people who died from heart attacks… many people in Fukushima died suddenly, even young people… Tepco employees also are dying, but everyone is keeping mum about it” (VIDEO) April 23, 2014