Title: Trapped inside (part 5 of 6)
Source: documenting ian, blog
Date: Nov 7, 2012
Today I met Mrs. Mutoh, mother of son Shougo, 11, and daughter Rimi, 8. [...]
Shougo suffers from severe eczema and his hands and fingers are covered in open sores. Mrs. Mutoh warned Shougo about the dangers of playing outside, but in June of last year, three months after the meltdown, on his way home from school he wandered into a rice paddy in search of frogs. When Mrs. Mutoh went looking for him, she found him playing in the contaminated water and holding several frogs.
Within a month, Shougo was having severe nose bleeds. The first time it happened there was so much blood that Mrs. Mutoh was sure Shougo had cut his head open. Shougo also started having fainting spells, and a red rash broke out over his entire body.
Mrs. Mutoh brought Shougo to a university hospital in Fukushima City. A blood test was conducted, and Shougo was found to have a low white blood cell count. Without asking, the doctor immediately told Mrs. Mutoh that Shougo’s condition was NOT related to radiation exposure and that no treatment was neccesary. [...]
Mrs. Mutoh expressed to me her concern that in the government tests of water, food and internal radiation exposure, they are ONLY testing for cesium. She points out that there are many different radioactive elements that were released after the nuclear explosion, of which cesium is just one [...]
Both Shougo and Rimi have had the official thyroid test and were both found to have thyroid cysts [...] she is worried that the government ordered tests may be intentionally inaccurate in an effort to downplay the situation and that the cysts could be bigger or more numerous than she was led to believe. [...]
[intlink id="fukushima-woman-many-aborting-babies-really-happening-many-women-visibly-pregnant-suddenly-werent-video" type="post"]More from filmmaker Ian Thomas Ash here[/intlink]
Published: December 21st, 2012 at 8:55 am ET
- Newspaper: Door-to-door surveys revealed clusters of Fukushima residents with persistent nose bleeds, diarrhea — Fallout refugees talk about bizarre rashes, high fevers, more December 8, 2012
- Nonprofit Group: “Every single person” we hosted from Japan has had health problems… Blood stains found in almost all of their beds — Japanese Mom: Most mothers I’ve met from Tokyo and Fukushima are suffering thyroid problems, eye problems, nose bleeds… It’s been very surprising (VIDEO) June 28, 2015
- TV: Fukushima kids with nose bleeds, diarrhea, mouth blisters, other problems — Symptoms go away after leaving area — Used to be in good health, now picking up every little bug going around (VIDEO) February 28, 2013
- Former nuclear worker sues Japan gov’t over heart attack — Had been suffering nose bleeds and fatigue February 18, 2012
- Fukushima Woman Warns of Cover-up: People are talking about nose bleeds and coughing that won’t end — Nurses tell patients: Stay quiet, don’t mention radiation to doctor (VIDEO) November 28, 2012