Published: November 5th, 2012 at 7:44 pm ET

Source: Ian Thomas Ash
Date: November 05, 2012
h/t Fukushima Diary

This morning I met Mrs. Shima. She had invited several other mothers over to her home to share with me their situations and the thyroid test results for their children. Mrs. Shima showed me the thyroid ultrasound for her daughter Shuri, 11. The government-sponsored test revealed her daughter had NO thyroid cysts, but she went to a private hospital to seek a second opinion. She was told her daughter in fact DOES have thyroid cysts [Emphasis Added]. In both tests, it was discovered that her son Kaito, 13, also has thyroid cysts.

[...] Mrs. Oyama worries for her son Yoshihiki, 11. Her daughter Nozomi, 17, has been found to have thyroid cysts.

Mrs. Kanno’s two children, daughter Yuika, 10, and son Naoki, 11, were both found to have no thyroid cysts in the government-sponsored test. When she went to the private hospital Mrs. Shima recommended for a second opinion, she was told that the hospital had received a directive from the national government to stop providing tests for children it had deemed had no thyroid cysts. Mrs. Kanno was refused a second thyroid test for her children. [...]

Mrs. Tsuda’s son Naoki, 11, has thyroid cysts. Her daughter Yuika, 10, has so many thyroid cysts the doctor could not count them all (!).

Watch Ash’s Fukushima documentary here

Published: November 5th, 2012 at 7:44 pm ET

1. Now 35.8% of Fukushima children have thyroid cysts or nodules — 13,646 do and 24,468 don’t July 15, 2012
  2. Feature documentary on Fukushima kids with newly discovered thyroid cysts and nodules January 27, 2013
  3. Translator Chokes Up: Japanese mother of 2 kids with thyroid cysts says “I couldn’t stop this, I couldn’t save my children this time… but I have to stand up and stop it” (AUDIO) November 26, 2012
  4. Just 0.8% of children in 2001 Japanese control group had thyroid cysts or nodules — 36% in Fukushima study July 15, 2012
  5. Asahi: Now almost 100,000 Fukushima kids with thyroid problems, parents concerned — Whether that’s “alarmingly high” it’s difficult to say November 20, 2012

37 comments to Fukushima Mothers: Daughter has so many thyroid cysts doctor can’t count them all — Hospital told not to test kids

• dosdos dosdos

Suppression of relavent information is the mark of modern fascism.

• dosdos dosdos

(By the way, I do know how to spell "relevant". Been a long day…)

• SCE56

Crimes Against Humanity!Can we get the world court to declare this a crime?

• PurpleRain PurpleRain

This is just so so WRONG! This should be brought into an international arena and TEPCO should be prosecuted (along with the Japanese government – if need be). From what I have read or heard about before on this site and from you tube video's TEPCO Owns the hospital also, right. I'm sure there must be some written communication regarding NOT testing these people. Isn't that ample evidence to do something — anything to help these people and these children?!

• LloydJHart LloydJHart

The entire system from the World court to the International Criminal Court to your local benches are dominated by fascists. There is no legal recourse. No matter how much evidence you put up it will be met with the drone of PR firms that work for the fascists to keep the public inline with the official story. Nothing will change until there is a total revolt against the ecological genocide the fascists are committing.

• arclight arclight

the uk thyroid association (think geraldine thomas here) said that the cysts and nodules were NOT a result of the daichi nuclear disaster…

and then we have the imperial college london representative going to fukushima for the symposium trading for funding..

and their counterparts of the fukushima "medical" hospital ( think Prof Yamashita here) do stuff like this??

"The mothers showed me the results of the "glass badge" radiation monitors that their children wear around their necks. The results are supposed to show the TOTAL monthly radiation exposure for each child. However, the government has SUBTRACTED from the total exposure rate the natural environment radiation levels. In addition, Mrs. Kanno told me that when her daughter Mifuyu had an X-ray for an unrelated problem, she was told to REMOVE the "glass badge" radiation monitor. Mrs. Kanno argued that the monitor should remain on her daughter so it could accurately reflect her TOTAL radiation exposure, but the hospital staff removed the monitor from around Mifuyu's neck."

this is not medical health science

this is obviously a cover up between uk and japanese thyroid associations with geraldine thomas and Prof Yamashita holding hands all the way to the funding trough..

they both were involved in the chernobyl and semey cover-ups as well!!
    murderous!!
    criminal!!
    cold!!

• arclight arclight

Japan’s nuclear watchdog members funded by nuclear industry

Atomic industry bankrolls Japan’s nuclear watchdog RT 04 November, 2012 Members of Japan’s nuclear watchdog who are charged with drafting nuclear safety rules have received sizable funds from the atomic industry. The reports raise concerns that regulations may be diluted after last year’s Fukushima nuclear disaster.

The Japanese Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) said that four of the six members of the panel had been in receipt of over $500,000 that took the form of grants, donations and compensation over the past three to four years.

so Prof yamashita and Prof Thomas are immune to all this payola!!??
      i think not.. the evidence is stacked against them..!!

• arclight arclight

nice work Ian Thomas Ash
    thank you for getting the truth out..

• arclight arclight

One and half years after the Fukushima nuclear disaster, more than 260 000 children still remain in the highly contaminated areas. Although the parents in Fukushima are striving to protect their children in various ways such as wearing masks and consuming safe food products, their protection measures cannot be the solution to prevent radiation exposure. We demand of the government, as a part of their policy measures, to support collective evacuation of the children and to allow them a life in a safe and healthy environment.

please sign the petition

• arclight arclight

repost but VERY relevant
    UN endorses recommendations for Japan to improve human rights record – Cites nuclear contamination

"..Other recommendations include the safeguarding of Japanese citizens’ right to lead a healthy life, in light of the enormous amount of radioactive fallout spewed over a vast area by the March 2011 meltdowns at the Fukushima No. 1 plant, the report said…."

• Jason

This is so sickening!! Cant stand it anymore! I have a 6yr old son and I would do anything for him! Anything! I know what its like to have a very sick child and it hurts to see him hurt. To not be able to do anything about it would more than just devastating.

Something has to be done really I mean What?!!? So frustrating
    these innocent kids are going through medical %$%#!@!!
    Something has to be mobilized this a crime against our most precious and deserving children/human beings!

Sorry just venting I cant be the only one here that feels this way!

• kalidances

@Jason we all melt down pretty regularly at different times over what is happening to these children. Some folks moreso than others(I'm speaking of myself) :) We just have to melt down then get back up again until these people get to their new homes.

There needs to be a call for evacuations made in the streets too not just be letter, petition, or email. It is time for people to go outside about this while they still can.

If I lived in Japan I'd definitely be engaged in a full-on work slowdown or stoppage to let the Japanese government know that these people need to be relocated out of harms way.

• enoughalready45 enoughalready45

@Jason,

Right there with you on this one.

I'm assuming you are in the USA…we have lots of our own thyroid problems here too. I wrote a blog entry about an issue that I am going to keep an eye on related to the quanitity of thyroid medication prescriptions in the USA. I fear the data may have been tinkered with so that over time the increase in thyroid medications in the USA that are due to Fukushima's radiation will not be so obvious.

• PurpleRain PurpleRain

Excellent article Enoughalready45. You have connected the A-B-C's here really well. I shared your article on Facebook although there's no telling if others will take the time to read it, but I do hope that you continue to monitor and research this topic. I'm sure if will prove to be very relevant and very important. Thank you.

• jec jec

Those poor children and families in Japan who have been exposed to radiation and are refused any tests due to government edict. The USA probably will face something similar..since no monitoring is done–they were removed by EPA. Poor children and famiilies in USA who have been exposed to radiation and are refused information critical to protect their futures….

• or-well

Dr. Joseph Mengele -
    "The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it."
    Khalil Gibran -
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow down before children."
    Rabindranath Tagore -
    "From the solemn gloom of the temple children run out to sit in the dust, God watches them play and forgets the priest."

• AGreenRoad AGreenRoad

Every country has some nuclear disasters going on, out in plain sight. We are all nuclear guinea pigs.

Huge Number Of Radiation Contaminated Sites In Just ONE US State; via A Green Road

93 Long life Radiation Contaminants, A Problem For Billions Of Years; via A Green Road

Funny how the nucleacrats only focus on short lived radiation contamination products. Nothing bad ever lasts more than 30 years in their world, as if that is when all the radiation just goes away and disappears completely.

• VanneV anne

They can't even get the prediction of half life correct. The amount of radioactive cesium from Chernobyl hasn't decreased in 26 years. And short lived radioactive iodine can kill just as well as long lasting radionuclides. And the criminality of man made transuranic radionuclides and plutonium which don't even exist in a natural state, creating the destruction of the planet and the destruction of the human genome and sterility and the destruction of all life should be treated as war crimes and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Justice for all the guinea pigs (all of us) of the horrible radiation experiment.

• Cataclysmic Cataclysmic

Picture of the family. So heartbreaking, many prayers to you all.

faces to the story,

Very moving, thank you Ian Ash.

• razzz razzz

Move the slider to about 35:30 and listen…

Dr. Helen (and many others) were already aware of what the Japanese government was doing April 2, 2012 or not doing with their children citizens.

Thought I read or heard with Dr. Busby saying whole body counters would not detect all the internal radionuclides in a human body. This is counter to Dr. Caldicott who recommends whole body counters. Maybe, certain types of rays (weak?) don't travel far enough to be recorded or pickup by whole body counter sensors. I don't know but I was going to email Dr. Busby and ask him why he didn't recommend whole body counters.

Main damage was done when the Japanese government didn't inform its people where nuclear fallout was falling. Didn't say anything about the (3) meltdowns for at least 3 months. With that, citizens evacuated into heavily contaminated fallout areas, without knowing where to flee for safety and still remain there.

• Jason

Hi, Thank you so much everyone, I will take a thorough read and response to it on the link you sent.
    Actually I live in Chilliwack,BC Canada. Being on the west coast I know what its like. I have an Inspector Alert rad meter and there's more now than there was before the meltdown that's for sure. (radiation and similar sciences) have been a hobby since I was 15, 31 now :)

Don't mean to give the whole bio about me but, I didn't want to be just another commenter on here (were? who? what? whats he know) lol

Back to being serious, yes Ive been reading these atrocities for some time now, but Ive finally realized that this crap is just going and going and going with no end in sight!! I snapped! I guess. I also have a home willing to share with any family looking to escape rad exposure from Japan free rent. (thats something else I'm also looking into)
    so much to say but posting is new to me so yeah..
    Thanks

• minkxy minkxy

World COURT? Guys…..STOP handing off responsibility to other people. Everywhere we look we see a trained public.To do just that.Stop It. It's typical genecide, and we all need to see to it personally. Think frankenstein freak show's in charge.

• Jason

Ok well I took a look around the human rights web site but cant find anywhere to input a complaint or sign a petition. I just get lost there in all that legal stuff. This isn't working and I cant be the only one that cant navigate a massive sight like that, I did a search but all I get are tons of pdf files describing the problem but nothing I can do. Ummm is it just me? I am missing something? Could I be wrong? I don't think this is the proper forum for this help. Could someone direct me to were I can make a difference even if it's just a petition, I'll do it!
    Thanks

• Jason

Sorry guys just passionate about what I do. Don't mean to be buggy.
    After having my own child almost die from a bone marrow disease (all better now) I have a soft spot for children in need and help. So yeah just get a little carried away sometimes.