KION/KCBA: The Indianapolis Fire Department said late Saturday night an explosion destroyed two homes and damaged dozens of others. The explosion happened on the 8400 block of Field Fair Way and Towhees Drive. Dispatchers said there was a gas explosion on the south side of the city. [...] There’s extensive damage to homes surrounding the explosion site.
“So big and overwhelming you can’t even explain it”
Tristate: An apparent gas explosion rocks an Indianapolis neighborhood [...] Smoke and flames filled the air. Local Authorities and Homeland Security are investigating the blast, which sent debris flying into the air. Fire crews say there is extensive damage in the neighborhood.
WISHTV: Citizens Energy shut off gas to all the homes in the subdivision and investigated potential gas issues in the neighborhood. An official said the company had received no reports of an odor of gas in the area, and no gas leaks had been discovered as of early Sunday morning.
Published: November 11th, 2012 at 8:47 am ET
- Police: We just don’t know what caused massive Indiana explosion — State Employee: I don’t know how a gas leak could do that kind of damage — Feds joining investigation (VIDEO) November 12, 2012
- Top Expert on Indiana Blast: “It looks like methane” … “Military ammo dropped from a plane would cause similar damage” — Company: No evidence of leak in gas lines November 15, 2012
- MSN Headline: “King of all sinkholes threatens to swallow a whole neighborhood” — New flyover footage released (PHOTOS & VIDEO) March 22, 2013
- Another mysterious explosion demolishes home in Indiana — Captain: No fire with blast (VIDEO) November 14, 2012
- Emergency Alert at US Nuclear Facility: Semi truck filled with uranium catches fire — Initial attempt to extinguish flames fails, blaze continued for over 30 minutes — Officials test for radioactive contamination — FEMA, Homeland Security, EPA notified (VIDEO) September 24, 2015