Published: April 19th, 2012 at 4:35 pm ET

Title: Lessons Learned From Fukushima Dai-ichi (1. Press Conference. 2011. 10. 28)
Author: Kenichi Ohmae, Nuclear engineer
Date Uploaded: Mar 21, 2012
Uploaded by: by H2OProjectBBT

As a nuclear core designer and someone who earned a Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in nuclear engineering, I volunteered to look into the situation at Fukushima No. 1 in June of 2011. Mr. Goushi Hosono, minister of nuclear power and environment, personally gave me access to the information and personnel who were directly involved in the containment operations of the postdisaster nuclear plants. After three months of investigation, I analyzed and wrote a long report detailing minute by minute how the nuclear reactors were actually disabled -Japan Times

At 11:20 in

Kenichi Ohmae, Nuclear Engineer: This is sheet two. This chart shows equipment loss of all the nuclear reactors such as power supply of AC/DC.

Therefore, there may be many people with the impression that Fukushima Dai-ichi reactor 1 to 4 are in the most severe difficulties, but actually, other reactors are all in considerably severe condition with the external power, or emergency power devices.

The red marked devices are broken.

Regardless of such extreme situations, though not much has been broadcast, as you will find in the sheet, in all reactors except for one, two, three, and four of Fukushima Dai-ichi, cold shutdown occurred well until the end.

[...]

Special thanks to: Ms Jewel Naruse Ms Seiko Toyama Mr. Curtis Hoffmann Ms Keiko Sato

Read the final report here

See also:

Published: April 19th, 2012 at 4:35 pm ET

1. Japan Nuke Agency: 14 reactors at 4 sites were affected on 3/11 — Fukushima Daiichi had most serious damage — Daini, Onagawa, and Tokai also March 7, 2012
  2. NHK: Cooling system at Onagawa nuke plant was flooded by tsunami — AP: Basement was flooded in one of Onagawa’s reactor buildings — NEI: Flooding at facility was not a problem July 31, 2012
  3. Top Japan Official Hosono admits situation is NOT under control offsite of Fukushima plant December 23, 2011
  4. Wikipedia: 15 reactors in areas affected by 3/11 quake — Higashidori nuclear plant lost all external power — Tokai Daini took 4 days to achieve ‘cold shutdown’ May 18, 2012
  5. Official: Fukushima fuel melted “on unprecedented scale” — French Gov’t: Parts of the coriums have been dispersed — AP: It’s location and condition are unknown December 17, 2013

131 comments to Fukushima Report Introduced by Top Official Hosono: “Other reactors are all in considerably severe condition” — 14 total; Dai-ni, Onagawa, Tokai — “Extreme situations, though not much has been broadcast” (VIDEO)

• bigfatscaryman sdyogini

what a surprise

• cossack55

This should be picked up by US MSM within at least 2 years.

• Look at him scratch his neck as he lies, body language gives him away !

• charlie3

Gee, I wonder what revelations they will allow us to know in yet another year.
      And…if THIS isn't enough to force/entice some Mainstream Media scum to cover the catastrophe, then what is (I suspect that only when their editors are dying of radiation poisoning from fallout in LA will they wake up).

• charlie3,
        I believe "others were broken in quake/quakes" like Fukushima and also went into China Syndrome, (the wave only added to the problems) but they did not have any sort of explosion's as otherrs, I also believe we had othe fuel pools with problems at times that have burned to some degree !
        We are indeed in for some shocks ahead, but with the spread of the radiation on the Island being so pervasive, we knew there was more then they were saying just as in the Fukushima releases !

• Time Is Short Time Is Short

And we believe him about the cold shutdown because?

What a clusterf$%k!

• Time Is Short Time Is Short

And, notice, not a word about any Spent Fuel Pools, or which reactors/pools may have been running MOX?

There's no way the pools are constructed stronger than the plants themselves, to withstand strong seismic shaking.

So there's at least an additional 14 SFPs, in addition to 14 NPPs, that are in various states of destruction, plus any common SFPs.

How many thousands of tons of radioactive material, in various stages of exposure to the environment, are there?

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

A comedy team …
    Hosono..the lead in..
    The other one.. brandishing the piece of paper..delivers the punchline.

• StillJill StillJill

"brandishing",…:-) Too freakin' perfect Heart! I got a mental picture,…kinda Laurel & Hardy (Japanese Style).

Thanks,…I needed either THAT,….or a cold-bucket of water!!! :-)

• CB CB

lowers chin, steps away.

• Ganxet Ganxet

a steven spielverg film…

• Ganxet Ganxet

14NPP and 14SFP in Japan and over the world?

• mikael

We discused Daiini and Tokai in the begining and I knew they where fu… So the scale and scope is infact so fu.. bigg that the driwel seved is utterly fu.. idiocy and pure unblemished evil.

I have not the slightes idea why they continue to hide this. They are so fu.. stupid that they Actualy belive this will "delute" its way out of reality and danger. That is the sole reason for NEVER belive in what ever driwel they putt up, the once that Do know must start to react, because this heep og shitt is beyound our imidiate capasity and scope of technology.
    And still those evil fu… talk, and talk.

The acumulating effect is mind boggeling, the rate of fallout will be worse and that alone is bad anouf, butt the Really Sceary Part is that Nothing Happens. I am woryed that with in this Year the hole site will be a Offlimit area, also because the radiation wacs the equipment.
    Then what fu… are you going to do, and with what equipment, because we dont know of anything, do you have a Miracle equipment.

Infact, and that pisses me of is the simple fact that NOTHING has happened in a hole fu.. year, nada.
    And still we Talk and Talk.
    And Nothing happens.

And in the meen time,a range of 1000isotops is been relized, 24/7, do you belive this is just to Wish it away.
    I never belived that humanity initiall greed would ruin us, well it did.
    I just wait for the richoshet, and its going to be bad.

We are damaging our future, our children.
    Wake up.

peace

• HoTaters HoTaters

Anne, you posted something to this effect several months ago. I'd sure like to know where you got your intel!

You were right.

• HoTaters HoTaters

" … so believing the mythology of the containment vessel is a very large mistake."

And when the accident happens, the probability is 100%.

Yes, finally someone rational is analyzing many aspects of the problem! Yes, the breakdown of government communication, and the entire sequence of events needs to be analyzed.

• HoTaters HoTaters

And let us not forget the mythology this technology is ever safe!

• HoTaters HoTaters

" … no one has taken responsibility yet. Should it be allowed?"

Yes, and thank you, sir. You have, as an expert witness, just provided the grounds for establishing liability for this whole mess.

• jackassrig

The MIT PHDer's where the ones who pushed these monsters for years. Oh they were going to electrify the railroads and have a hydrogen based economy. Where were these dreamers going to get the power, nuclear of course.

• dka

these liyers at TEPCO and Japan Governement should all be sentence to work as toilet paper sellers for the rest of their lives.

• Whoopie Whoopie

I have nothing but contempt for these people. EVACUATE THE CHILDREN TODAY!

• WindorSolarPlease

Hi Whoopie

I agree..In fact, I think we all need to be evacuated off this world. They made a mess out of this beautiful world.

• Anthony Anthony

Such a pit in my stomach. You know they will tell us to *calm down* there's nothing to worry about silly…. you've already been living with the problem over a year and didn't notice….this is a cruel, cruel world. This kind of outcome is not why I worked so hard in my life.

• Whoopie Whoopie

Oooo…that's it Anthony. I've been feeling that all day. Things are not going to get better. It's just been a SHIT KIND OF DAY 4 me…and you, and everyone. The news couldn't get worse. I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY these days. :( I read here but just fucking dont know what to say.

• WindorSolarPlease

As this spreads all over, all they can do is calm people. It would be worse with an all out panic. I know I don't want havoc. This doesn't mean the public doesn't have the right to know the truth.

I don't believe they can fix this or it would have been done by now..This has not gotten better.

Besides this devastating disaster, we have other reactors in severe condition. We also now have new more powerful nuclear missiles.

Your stash of food and water won't last forever. We are not here to survive this life, so I suggest get things right with God.

• dharmasyd dharmasyd

We noticed already! We noticed many years ago. For me, I noticed in the 50s during the Pacific/Bikini tests. I've been noticing ever since. With a nuke nuke here and a nuke nuke there. Here a nuke there a nuke everywhere a nuke nuke Old McReagan had some nukes, eeyiai eeyiai oh OHOHOHOHOH Dear, look what we've done now~~~~!

• HoTaters HoTaters

Better yet, let them be professional pooper scoopers! No tools allowed. Bare hands only.

• CB CB

I hope he's holding up all the pages and didn't miss one or two. #!@k-ups couldn't run a pig farm.

• Jebus Jebus

This is nothing more than orchestrated damage control for Japan to restart reactors and for the global nuclear industry to continue business as usual.
    Bullshit, that all these Mark 1 reactors scrammed 100% of the control rods up from the bottom effectively during an 8.9 earthquake.
    Bullshit that hydrogen only came from the RPV's.
    Bullshit that the SFP's were not mentioned.
    This is effectively taking any blame away from Tepco and aiming it towards the designers, the regulatory body, and the poor bastards who have to run and stop these beasts during an event.
    Tepco and the Japanese Government are equally to blame for the pre-existing conditions and the after event handling of this disaster.
    This is only further proof that these, nuclear weapons birthing machines, are the single most threat, above all else, to all life on this planet.

• MaidenHeaven MaidenHeaven

+ 1000 Jebus. As I posted below that was why they were spreading radiation everywhere too, via ocean leaks, air by burning & sludge in building supplies, ect. ect. ect. Remember Busby saying that the reason they were burning waste was to ensure that there were no control areas where no one had low rates of cancer. Well it is bigger that that. It was also meant to hide the 14 reactors burning away or melted from the world. Now as I also posted in the news today Every 3 minutes a Canadian is told they have cancer…

So now expand Busby's theory to the world. There will be few places where a control group could be used. Every 2 or 3 minutes Worldwide someone will be told they have cancer. The amount of time for this to come out now means that *their scientists physicists, doctors, lawyers & the military must be certain that we all have received enough of a dose of radiation that we will be hard pressed to find a control group without cancers or other health issues.

I have had to walk away a few times from my 3 posts in this thread…becasue I want to scream, but if I start I simply will not stop. And I hate the feelings & thoughts going through my mind about what should be done to the monsters that not only let this loose but played this out over this past year.

dAMMIT>>>tring to stop crying… I was just on a site today where I set things up for local people to send cards & stickers to a bedridden disabled girl I have never met. And I cannot stop THIS from harming…

• MaidenHeaven MaidenHeaven

AAnd how do I warn them? They have so much to deal with everyday. And what is safe to eat or drink now? It is tearing me up knowing what I know, but knowing that warning them will only add to their pain & stress. And that there is nothing they can do anyway. I know the group enough too, wonderful sweet kind hearted people that will take a strangers child into their hearts just to make her day brighter. I can not tell them either, I would be shunned by most of the group. A few sort of see my posts about this but well you know……

• Anthony Anthony

This is dismal news. My sense of trust is quite eroded at this point. So they cant accept help in Japan as the truth will come out? To have 14 reactors on the blink is a stunning admission. I think the solar flare issues have already happened. I'm thinking this goes beyond Japan.

• RutherfordsGhost

You just have to look at radiation levels reported around the Turkish reactor after the earthquake. Unconfirmed reports place radiation levels in the 100's of mSv range at some distance.
    Europe has probably had another meltdown a few weeks ago.

• Whoopie Whoopie

Good one, he's not backing down AT ALL!

• What-About-The-Kids

Thanks for the bit of good news, Whoopie! We need to shine the spotlight on those members of Congress who still have integrity and are fighting for the safety and well-being of their constituents! Three cheers for Senator Sanders! :-)

• What-About-The-Kids

" April 19, "A Nuclear Regulatory Commission member should not be appointed to a second five-year term because of her record on safety issues, Sen. Bernie Sanders said on Thursday. The senator cited Kristine Svinicki's vote to extend the operating license for the problem-plagued Vermont Yankee nuclear reactor one week after the Fukushima disaster in Japan. The commission acted in haste "without even pausing to consider the safety implications for the Vermont plant which shares the same design as the Fukushima reactors that melted down," Sanders said.

Sanders is a member of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, which has jurisdiction over the five-member commission. He repeatedly has raised concerns about commission foot dragging on safety measures recommended by a panel of experts in the wake of the reactor meltdowns in Japan. "The commissioner has not supported full implementation of all post-Fukushima safety reforms recommended by an NRC task force, and has in fact voted to approve licenses for two new nuclear reactors without requiring them to implement these safety reforms," he said.

The senator also was critical of Svinicki and two other commissioners who voted in secret to recommend that the Department of Justice side with Entergy in a lawsuit against the state of Vermont over continued operation of the Vermont Yankee reactor. "The NRC's job is to ensure safety, not to promote nuclear power," he said.

• What-About-The-Kids

And finally:

"Based on my concerns about Commissioner Svinicki's record, I believe we need a new commissioner who is fully committed to implementing safety reforms expeditiously."

Here, here, Senator Sanders! Bravo! Don't let the scare tactics/nuclear propaganda pufferists stand in your way of insuring Ms. Svinicki does NOT get reconfirmed. There are PLENTY of worthy candidates whose integrity has not been compromised by shady connections to the nuclear industry.

May I suggest you nominate a whistleblower like Dr. Tamosaitis at Hanford, or the head of Hanford's nuclear and environmental safety, Donna Busche: http://www.kplu.org/term/hanford-nuclear-reservation

• WindorSolarPlease

Hi Whoopie

I agree, Senator Sanders is amazing.

• dharmasyd dharmasyd

Wrie your senators…Say no to Kristine Sinicki for reappointment to NRC — heavy conflict of interest. Especially if your senators are on the committee which supervises her appointment. I think mine does, Barbara Boxer. But I'll have to check.

• MaidenHeaven MaidenHeaven

Now we know why MSM & governments were quiet & why Japan has been burning waste, dumping ash into the ocean, letting billions of litters of radioactive water leak into the ocean & why they were desperate to start spreading the radioactive sludge into building supplies. And why we were getting these dire warnings about R4. And why they wanted us to stay focused on R1 to 4. We also know why they knew there was no sense in warning about milk ect. or giving out Potassium Iodide tablets.

They had hoped that spreading it far & wide & then blame it on R4 we wouldn't learn about the 14 reactors in severe condition. This information coming out now mean that the worst has happened at other reactors. The radiation levels must be too high now to hide. How many other had MOX?

The irony that today in the paper was a report from doctors letting us know that "Every three minutes, another Canadian hears the words “you have cancer & that we were not alone…..

• nedlifromvermont

Calmly … as calmly as possible everyone … we know we are right, and the word is getting out. Yes evacuate as soon as you can … but we will not evacuate the northern hemisphere … that isn't likely …

We must continue to heap righteous scorn on the nuclearists. Jon Gofman rightly called them pre-meditated mass murderers. Now we know he was right. But enough money was poured onto the propaganda machine (Goebbels would be proud) so the technology was green-lighted, by weak politicians. The public was and is being played for fools by the military and their industrial sycophant partners.

The end of the nuclear age is nigh. They can not put the genie back in the bottle. The radiation insult to the Earth is huge. General Electric has a lot to answer for, since they knew these cut rate reactors were prone to failure. All we get is silly ads about what good things they bring to life. They should be sued, in a giant class action for all their worth, for false advertising, if not for criminal mischief pushing these things on us. For shame. Capitalism itself is thus abased and diminished.

• What-About-The-Kids

Couldn't have said it better myself, NedlifromVermont. At least you have a senator there in Vermont (see Whoopie and my posts above) fighting for you and your fellow Vermonters' rights to live a nuclear free existence. :-)

Now where do we sign up for that class action lawsuit…? Quick, someone please give me a pen!

• Whoopie Whoopie

I just Tweeted. Maybe it'll get some hits
        #Fukushima: Who's to say we couldn't File A Class Action Lawsuit Against NPP's?

• What-About-The-Kids

You just gotta know there must be some big shot attorneys somewhere mulling this over, at the very least…if not actively and methodically already starting to build their cases for just such a lawsuit.

I know there already have been several lawsuits filed in Japan as a result of Fuku. Haven't heard if any of these have actually gone to court yet though…It would be good to try and keep track of these somehow…

• Whoopie Whoopie

Going to bed guys. Have a good night/day wherever you are!

• What-About-The-Kids

Good night, Whoopie! Thank you, as always, for your AMAZING contributions here! You are wonderful and an inspiration! (You should bottle up that energy and sell it! I'd be your first customer!) ;-D LOL

• HoTaters HoTaters

Yes, but who will coordinate this class action lawsuit? Who will take them on?

• Whoopie Whoopie

"so the technology was green-lighted, by weak politicians"
    U NAILED IT!
    "The radiation insult to the Earth is huge" NAIL #2
    AND CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT??? WHY THE HELL NOT?
    And yes I keep seeing those fucking Ads everywhere.
    TV, Internet, Newpapers!
    NO MORE G.E. KILLING MACHINES!!

• Whoopie Whoopie

Oops! This was to you nedlifromvermont! SPOT ON!

• nedlifromvermont

Well, we could give GE until their little shareholder's meeting in Detroit next Wednesday to get it right … Mr. Jeff Immelt are you listening???? And then calmly, calmly …. go for the jugular.

• What-About-The-Kids

Do you think they are worried about lawsuits? Like BP, I'm sure they've already done the numbers and figured out they could well afford the payoffs..er, settlements.

But can G.E.'s REPUTATION withstand the bad press? Now THAT'S something that just may be keeping them awake at night. (Wish I could say with confidence it was their consciences that were keeping them awake instead…)

One badly sullied reputation could spell the death-nell for a company these day, don't you think? Especially how the word can get spread virally online so quickly…

Or are they just too big to fail? Now THERE'S the trillion dollar question.

• nedlifromvermont

Hey there again W.A.T.Kids … I think they're listening, and they're worried. They might just start to cave. They already sold off their nuclear division to the Japanese (unlucky again) but retained fuel fabrication and the sexy government bomb making stuff, but they are concerned about their public relations image. I'm certain they are up to their eyeballs in the cover up; U.S. military and government just as much. This is behind the Sanders' public stink about the lying NRC commissioner.

Even socialist liberal New York native Bernie Sanders doesn't like being played for a fool!! How bizarre!

It's time for more people to show their outrage, and publicly call GE and the others to the carpet. And knock off the "Good things to life crap" GE, and start telling it like it is, before you go to your God.

• What-About-The-Kids

Cover up? Noooo….couldn't be! :-D LOL

Hmm…Since it seems like more and more, we keep hearing about new "leaks" of confidential information from many sectors of government and industry all the time, one would surmise that perhaps, if your "speculation" of any "cover ups" proves true, some of these tidbits would start showing up, pointing fingers and naming names of naughty folks at G.E. or elsewhere, as it might relate to possible nuclear malfeasance.

Then that outrage you mention just might showing up States-side. Or maybe not…Excuse me while I go watch American Ignoble, er Idol…(just kidding, of course).

• dharmasyd dharmasyd

Hey…Now that Denis Kucinich is gainfully unemployed, maybe we could get him to hoist the cannard!

• patb2009

I had heard that the decision was that Dai-ini was a complete writeoff and that some significant
    radiation releseases had happened there.

i had forgotten about the others.

• jec jec

TEPCO webcam on the right side, where the line of blurred screen is seen..is Daiini. For past year, the clouds over the facility have shown flashes of light, and often clouds "rising" or ??? rising over the same area. Comments on the webcam discussion about Daiini..just got the video cam taken down a lot…So no surprise the reactors are "written off"….

• MaidenHeaven MaidenHeaven

Smile everyone a New Nuclear Safety Agency is being created to study & implement the suggestions in this report. Eat drink & be merry, they will carefully add safety measures to any reactors they restart or build. This way they save face….

"We were able to conduct cold shutdown"…LIE… This man is in this for the book he wrote & whatever else he will get by sharing this report. And it is being used as the way to convince the public that they learned their lessons.

I have to bite my tongue & not type what I think & feel.

GHRF2006: Kenichi Ohmae, CEO, Business Breakthrough Inc.

• CB CB

MaidenHeaven ~ I think today is a turning point definitely. A educated verbal Judo whooping is required. Sleep, tomorrow comes fast. If you disagree, I am disagreeing with you. The only easy day was yesterday. Lets go! Speak!

• glowfus

fourteen blown-out huge reactors. fourteen. well, it's been a catastrophic year with four of them, now we have fourteen. so, what is not working X4 (radiation leak stoppage) is now not working X14. and this is one year and two months in. i suppose i should not be shocked by this news having read enenews since almost the beginning,,,but i am.

• glowfus

compared to fuku, the hindenburg disaster don't look so bad!

• NoNukes NoNukes

At 12:34, he speaks of how the other reactors in Japan didn't have a meltdown (like Three Mile Island), except at Fukushima 1 to 4.

He is saying that Reactor 4 at Fukushima had a meltdown, not the Spent Fuel pool, but the reactor itself.

• CB CB

Tōkai I
    Type~ Magnox (GCR)
    Average electric power~ 159 MW
    Capacity~ 166 MW
    First criticality~ November 10, 1965
    Commercial~ July 25, 1966
    Closure~ March 31, 1998
    This reactor was built based on British developed Magnox technology. Unit 1 will be the first nuclear reactor to be decommissioned in Japan. The experience in decommissioning this plant is expected to be of use in the future when more Japanese plants are decommissioned.

Tōkai II
    Type~ BWR/5[2]
    Capacity~ 1060 MW
    Average electric power~ 1100 MW
    First criticality~ March 13, 1978
    Commercial use~ November 28, 1978
    Shutdown since March 2011
    This Boiling Water Reactor was the first nuclear reactor built in Japan to produce over 1,000 MW of electricity.
    Following the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami the number 2 reactor was one of eleven nuclear reactors nationwide to be shut down automatically.
    It was reported on 14 March that a cooling system pump for the number 2 reactor had stopped working. Japan Atomic Power Company stated that there was a second operational pump and cooling was working, but that two of three diesel generators used to power the cooling system were out of order.

• CB CB

4 Units
    The March 11, 2011 Tōhoku earthquake resulted in maximum horizontal ground accelerations of 0.21 g (2.10 m/s2) to 0.28 (2.77 m/s2) at the plant site, which is well below the design basis. All four units were automatically shut down immediately after the earthquake, according to Nuclear Engineering International,and the diesel engines were started to power the reactor cooling. TEPCO estimated that the tsunami that followed the earthquake and inundated the plant was 14 meters high which is more than twice the designed height. This flooded the pump rooms used for the essential service water system transferring heat to the sea, the ultimate heat sink of the reactors.[12] In unit 3, one seawater pump remained operational. The steam powered reactor core isolation cooling system (RCIC) in all 4 units was activated and ran as needed to maintain water level. At the same time, operators utilized the safety relief valve systems to keep the reactor pressures from getting too high by dumping the heat to the suppression pools. In unit 3, the residual heat removal system (RHR) was started to cool the suppression pool and later brought the reactor to cold shutdown on March 12, but in units 1, 2, and 4 heat removal was unavailable, so the suppression pools began heating up and on March 12, the water temperature in the pools of units 1, 2, and 4 topped 100 °C between 05:30 and 06:10 JST, removing the ability to remove pressure from the reactor and dryw

• CB CB

Unit Onagawa – 1
    Type BWR
    Electric Power 524 MW

Unit Onagawa – 2
    Type BWR
    Electric Power 825 MW

Unit Onagawa – 3
    Type BWR
    Electric Power 825 MW

On April 8, 2011, a leak of radioactive water spilled from pools holding spent nuclear fuel rods following the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake , the nuclear safety agency said, was reported by Kyodo News
    A fire from the turbine section of the plant following the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake was reported by Kyodo News.
    On March 13, 2011, levels of radiation on site reached 21μSv/hour, a level at which Tohoku Electric Power Company were mandated to declare state of emergency, and they did so at 12:50, declaring the lowest-level such state. Within 10 minutes the level had dropped to 10μSv/hour.
    The Japanese authorities assume the temporarily heightened values were due to radiation from the Fukushima I nuclear accidents and not from the plant itself. On March 13 20:45 UTC, the IAEA announced that radiation levels at the Onagawa plant had returned to normal background levels.
    The three units remain in cold shutdown since the earthquake of 11 March. Two hundred people who lost their homes to the tsunami took refuge in the plant. The April 7th aftershock damaged 2 of the 3 external power lines to the plant but cooling was maintained through the third line.
    The three units remain in cold shutdown since the earthquake of 11 March.
    Two hundred people who lost their homes to the tsunami took refuge in the plant. The April 7th…

• What-About-The-Kids

Thanks for compiling all this info about the other troubled Japanese reactors, CB.

Did I read that correctly? Did people really take refuge AT a nuclear power plant??? That would be the LAST place I'd ever want to go for refuge…

My heart goes out to them and all the people of Japan affected by this tragic nightmare. :-(

• CB CB

From Wiki, I found little to no info on Daini.
        My questions are how many spent fuel pools are on top of these old reactors? What is the current status of each reactor, containment, and SFP's? Where is the mysterious 14th reactor?
        No warnings issued, no video of reactors to speculate, no media coverage, just lies after lies.
        I don't think I have the energy to back track all the deception, and try to make sense of it anymore. Were being murdered.
        No one is being held accountable, were just mocked at, laughed at, raped of our dignity. The leadership smiles everyday on TV, fighting and bickering among them self's for popularity votes. One liners, while the earth heaves beneath our feet. Never talking or warning of this. It's a freak show.

• CB CB

Makes sense. QUICK!!, another EQ……take refuge at the nearest nuclear power plant.

• CB CB

So with all these, added up Fuku 4 units, Daini 4 units, Onagawa 3 units = 11 total. Wheres the other 3? Fuku 5&6 plus what?

• CB CB

Question for you nukers, is there a formula stating required amount of fuel for capacity in MW? Example, A 100 MW reactor would require how many lbs. of fuel rods?

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Yes..I remember..Tsugura sits on the Urasoko fault.
    ..along with Monju and Mihame….

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

There is also this accident:
    The Monju prototype fast-breeder reactor — a long-troubled national project — has been in a precarious state of shutdown since a 3.3-ton device crashed into the reactor’s inner vessel, cutting off access to the plutonium and uranium fuel rods at its core.

• glowfus

"other reactors are all in considerably severe condition",,,"14 total in extreme condition".,,daini, onagawa, tokai,,i don't think they're talking about a clogged toilet in the visitors center,,,,

• glowfus

each one of these fourteen reactors should be assinged a working group to develop the best/fastest leak mitigation system. then, a herculean effort applied to all fouteen broken reactors. of course, money can be no object.

• glowfus

i have some simple questions about these ten additional distressed reactors. (when i told the g.f. about them she said "why don't they de-stress them"). anyway. 1) did they melt completely? 2) did they melt post hot scram? 3)are any of their s.f.p.'s compromised? 4) are the reactor buildings structurally sound? 5) if the cores are melted, are they also lost? 6) were any of them using mox fuel, if so how many? 7) about a million more questions, but first things first!

• anne,
    It was fixed about and hour ago and "not on my end" !

• anne,
    You can go to the lastest comment section an none of my comments were showing for days !
    I and others am not imgining anything dear, they were not being posted on right or the other !

• VanneV anne

I never said that you were imagining it. You are really sensitive or antagonistic this morning.

PEACE!

• Wrong on all three counts ! No one is good at expressing what someone else is thinking or feeling !
        Not always a good idea to interject on it !
        Reading all the post concerning the block could have avoided this whole recent conversation ! Just saying !

• anne,
    I was posting on rense shows and my cookies may have been spotted by a filter BOT as spam or repeated message by postings of the rense dot come being aired and shows on there about fuka !
    repeated post can get you in the sand box !

• VanneV anne

And I was trying to be nice and helpful. Sorry for my failure.

• anne, ❤
        What we had here was a falure to comunicate, thats all, I Still Love You !

: )

• VanneV anne

xdrfox, the news is so awful this week. It seems like it can't get worse, but it always does. It's a wonder that anyone can even talk at all any more. If there were actually a safe place to go it would be nice. But every time I plan to go somewhere else the last few years, something horrible happens there and that grass is definitely not greener.

• StillJill StillJill

No,..No,…the sand box is a GOOD place Doc,…..it's the 'cat box', ie) scratched,…that's bad, eh?

Your comments were not showing up correctly, as were others. Mine does that too, on occasion. I think you are right about cookies, and other sites, especially when videos are concerned. The ad bot you spoke of is AN EXCELLENT guess as to where the 'glitch' may be!