New Video of Scientist Kaltofen Presenting to American Public Health Association, Fairewinds Associates, Inc, Dec. 8, 2011 (Emphasis Added):
A professional video of Marco Kaltofen’s presentation to the American Public Health Association was recently made available to Fairewinds. Kaltofen states that hot particles are contaminating portions of northern Japan. He also states that auto air filters from Fukushima, that he tested in his Massachusetts laboratory, are so radioactive that they have to be disposed of in a buried radioactive waste disposal site in the US. Additionally, he expresses concerns for the mechanics who work on cars in Fukushima Prefecture.
At 12:30 in
And also we have Fukushima’s which is about 65 kilometers away from the site. This automobile air filter is actually hazardous. My university is annoyed with me because we have to contract to have this filter disposed of as radioactive waste. Unfortunately, you can just imagine what this means to the people in Fukushima City which is not evacuated, and even for the (automobile) mechanics who are changing these air filters.
Published: December 11th, 2011 at 12:54 pm ET
- Researcher: Indoor air filter just north of Tokyo contaminated with 230 picocuries/ft² during September — We’re finding radiation increasing in food chain (VIDEO) December 9, 2011
- CBS Evening News: Radioactive waste from ‘decontamination’ buried in elementary school playground (VIDEO) January 17, 2012
- Gundersen’s Latest: Think about ramifications for Tokyo… How would you like kneeling in radioactive waste to pick flowers? Cobalt-60 in majority of samples, up to 1,481 Bq/kg (VIDEO & CHART) March 26, 2012
- Gundersen: We just tested an air filter that has highest radioactivity seen in North America after Fukushima Daiichi — Found in Seattle HEPA filter used since 3/11 (VIDEO) July 7, 2012
- Nuclear expert back from Japan: People in Tokyo “basically walking on radioactive waste everyday” (AUDIO) March 20, 2012