NBC News, Feb. 8, 2014: Two Quakes Strike Near Fukushima as US Sailors Sue Over Cleanup — Two magnitude-5 earthquakes hit Friday off the coast of Japan’s Fukushima prefecture [...] The quakes — which the U.S. Geological Survey measured at magnitudes 5 and 5.1 — caused no notable damage [...]
Kyodo News, Feb. 8, 2014: M5.0, M4.8 quakes jolt Fukushima Pref. — A couple of earthquakes with a preliminary magnitude of 5.0 and 4.8 shook Fukushima Prefecture Saturday morning [...] [one] registered intensity 4 on the Japanese seismic scale of 7 in Soma and Shinchi in the prefecture. [...] Later in the morning, another quake with the same intensity jolted Kawauchi in the prefecture at 11:34 a.m., the agency said. [The quakes] also shook surrounding areas of Fukushima, such as Miyagi, Tochigi and Ibaraki prefectures.
Published: February 8th, 2014 at 3:03 am ET
- Fukushima rocked by strongest quakes to hit country this month; Epicenter just offshore from reactors; Nuke plant cam shows shaking for over a minute — Top Japan Newspaper: ‘Major quake disasters could strike anywhere in nation’… Great increases in probability; Measures urgently needed (VIDEO) December 27, 2014
- Intense jolt hits Northeast Japan — Series of quakes near Tokyo — Country has 18 quakes M4.0 and over today April 17, 2013
- All 12 quakes to hit Japan today were near Fukushima Prefecture October 24, 2012
- 4 quakes above M5.0 jolt Japan’s east coast — Officials say “no immediate risk” to Fukushima plant — Intensity level reached 4 out of 7 in Fukushima — Study: ‘Megaquakes’ frequent in Japan history; Evidence of monstrous tsunami several times higher than 3/11 wave (VIDEO) June 16, 2014
- Report: Over 200,000 Bq/kg of radioactive cesium in dust from outside Fukushima Prefecture January 6, 2013