NBC 4 Washington D.C., Feb. 28, 2014:
News 4′s Molette Green is following breaking news from the live desk. Molette…
Just getting some troubling news out of Japan. Fish caught off the coast of Fukushima are showing high levels of radiation. We’ve just learned this morning the amount exceeds Japan’s allowed limit. This information is coming in from the head of agriculture in Tokyo this morning. A new report just released days ago says some of that radioactive contamination from Japan’s nuclear disaster several years ago could actually reach the U.S. West Coast within weeks.
That’s the latest from the live desk.
Published: March 2nd, 2014 at 10:56 am ET
- ABC7: Breaking News — Oil tanker strikes tower of San Francisco’s Bay Bridge (VIDEO & PHOTO) January 7, 2013
- Fox News: Fukushima contamination is hitting California — “Humans are terrified” of eating it — “It’s an open question” about the risks — “You’re not scared? To me, if someone tells me there’s low levels of radioactivity in that fish…” (VIDEO) January 17, 2014
- CNN Breaking News: Strong M6.8 quake off Fukushima — Tsunami warning issued — Gov’t: “Marine threat is in place… Get out of the water and leave the coast immediately” — Footage shows nuclear plant shaking for over a minute (VIDEO) July 11, 2014
- Hearst Newspaper: Bad news, Fukushima radioactive releases may be “far greater than originally stated” — Bloomberg: Levels ‘significantly’ undercounted — Fairewinds: Data they reported for nearly 3 years is wrong — Asahi Interview: “Politicians are hiding the dangers of radiation” (VIDEO) February 28, 2014
- Fox News: Breaking… “New fuel leaks have been discovered” at Fukushima — “Experts believe melted fuel is leaking” — Radiation levels could be over 5,000 sieverts — “Wow, this is a crazy story”… it only continues to get worse (VIDEO) February 8, 2017