Title: Richard Engel journeys to Fukushima evacuation zone
Source: Rock Center with Brian Williams, NBC
Date: March 3, 2012
Richard Engel: If there were ever to be some sort of nuclear apocalypse, this is what the morning after would look like. Entire towns just abandoned, lifeless, left exactly as they were. Nothings coming back.
Richard Engel’s full report, ‘The Fallout,’ airs Wednesday, Mar. 7 at 10 pm/9 c on NBC’s Rock Center with Brian Williams.
Published: March 3rd, 2012 at 2:42 pm ET
- NBC’s Richard Engel on Fukushima: “Only time I’d seen a place on Earth that had been rendered uninhabitable for a long period” — “It has been excised from the planet” — How do you remove billions of invisible radioactive particles that are everywhere? (VIDEO) March 8, 2012
- Video: Roads next to New Jersey nuclear plant flooded this morning by 10:30a ET — Just ~10,000 feet from Oyster Creek October 29, 2012
- NBC Special: A snow that would never melt began falling — Each flake bringing down cesium on city of 300,000 people 60km from meltdowns (VIDEO) March 8, 2012
- “BREAKING: Belgian nuclear power plants evacuated” after terror attacks — Multiple reactor sites cleared “amid heightened fears of another attack” — Military and armed police on scene — Capitol on lockdown after dozens killed — “Dismembered bodies everywhere… It’s like the apocalypse” (VIDEO) March 22, 2016
- Nuclear Expert on Reactor No. 2 Footage: Sort of like a scene out of Alien, everything is kind of dripping and oozing (AUDIO) — Tepco Today: There’s little sign of steam February 13, 2012