Published: January 3rd, 2013 at 12:40 pm ET

Source: Department of Natural Resources | State of Louisiana
Date: Dec 31, 2012
h/t Louisiana Sinkhole Bugle

Title: UPDATE
Source: Texas Brine Company, LLC
Date: January 2, 2013

[...] Other than that slough-in, there were no other changes to the sinkhole characteristics. Clean-up crews were on hand today to clean up the debris associated with the slough-in and a small amount of liquid hydrocarbon observed on a portion of the surface. [...]

Published: January 3rd, 2013 at 12:40 pm ET

1. TV: Giant sinkhole swallows nearly an acre of land — Photo: Surface now covered in oil, sheen March 17, 2013
  2. Tree trunks in giant sinkhole covered with over a foot of black oil (PHOTOS & VIDEO) October 21, 2012
  3. Officials: ‘Large’ piece of land falls into giant sinkhole, over 1,500 square feet — New flyover footage from Monday (VIDEO) October 30, 2012
  4. Officials: 500 square feet falls into giant sinkhole — Towards pipeline on SW side — Clean up halted October 9, 2012
  5. Officials: 200-foot stretch of land falls into sinkhole (VIDEO) September 19, 2012

521 comments to New Close-ups of giant sinkhole: Tree trunks coated in oil; Crude and sheen floating on surface — More land falls in (PHOTOS)

• jec jec

Darn! going to have to take down my ham radio station until I take a good look at this sun spot. Thx Freedomfox for raising this comment. Not sure its on the topic of this thread however.

• Sickputer

Reminder to all offenders:

"Before clicking 'Submit Comment', please make sure it's: 1) On-Topic – This includes off-topic political, religious, or other such comments; 2) Relevant; 3) Not repetitive; 4) Not insulting, rude or hateful – No personal attacks;

SP: At (465 posts) undoubtedly possibly the longest thread and certainly most vitriolic in the history of Enenews.

The signal to noise ratio is not quite up to alt.flame standards, but it is not now the news aggregation site that was once a paragon of alternative journalism.

All discussion groups eventually suffer severe growing pains and some die, but I don't think it's time for Enenews to let 10 people piss off 20,000 readers.

If I get some followup I am asking admin to close comments on this thread and create a new Forum for Sinkhole Activity and Fracking. Hopefully some of the parrying and thrusting will cease with a fresh start.

All in agreement reply yes to this post. Thanks. Five yes votes should represent the equivalent of the Fukushima 50. *;-)

When I see Five Yes votes I will report this posting and ask Admin to close this thread and start a new Forum for Sinkholes and Fracking.

Don't let me down or I might pull my plug instead. >;-> (Just kidding…I'm an former storm trooper).

• Beyond Zero Point

I don't understand with all the challenges that lie before us, why all you GIFTED folks have to fuss about is peeing on each other's feet. Time is of the escence,If we do not hang together, we shall surly hang apart. And that is any arena!

• Sickputer

I have reported my comment above as follows:

In the hope of a fresh start for this volatile thread and to relieve some of the angst among several posters I am requesting a lock on comments for this thread, while leaving it visible.

Please consider creating a new Forum for Sinkholes and Fracking (or perhaps open it up for other name suggestions).

If it is too unwieldy having 12 Forums perhaps two current Forums that have less participation could be merged into two other Forums, thus leaving a 10 Forum lineup.

Merge these two:
    FORUM: Petitions, Ballot Initiatives, Other Signature Drives (VIDEO) (147 Comments)
    FORUM: Upcoming meetings, gatherings, & demonstrations about energy issues (448 Comments)

Merge these two:
    FORUM: What should be done about Japan burning radioactive debris until at least March 2014? (151 Comments)
    FORUM: Effects of low level radiation (519 Comments)

Thanks for your consideration.

SP

• MaidenHeaven MaidenHeaven

Thank you SickPutter & excellent ideas about merging those forums. Personally I had expected that this thread would be closed to commenting..but still viewable… That is the normal practice in forums & is done for a large variety of reasons.

FREEDOMROX you may have moved on but another member tried to bait others tonite. So it is time to prevent anyone from using posts in this thread to get it going all over again.

~Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around…It's My Secret~!~

• Johnny Blade

@ SP; I remained loyal to ENE while I watched things turn into what appeared to be two entirely different websites with the unwelcome impact of the "volatile" threads bleeding over into the rest of the topics and I felt less inclined to continue promoting ENE to those I have been keeping updated and those I meet during my wife's cancer treatments who are suffering cancers holding a very high possibility of having developed as a result of 3/11 and/or the nuclear industry(&"other"enviro issues)-because THEY ,perhaps even MORE than all others DESERVE the right to know how it MAY have developed & that the statistics related to their types & stages of their cancer's 5-year following treatment survival rates have changed for the worse now in any event! As it stands I don't feel comfortable bringing new people into the mix by suggesting the site in its current state to "break-in" newbies who I want to be "de-programmed" & brought up to speed in a pleasant manner/experience since I know how hard it is when the reality of what it actually hurts me to have to tell them sinks in and the distractions offered by petty squabbling & drama makes it too easy to dismiss ALL of ENE's contents as a credible source of information where people USED to feel welcome & comfortable and hopefully even participate?!! I work harder to spread the word and spark enough interest in people to check out a website where they're likely to be insulted,turned off & chased away?!-for what?……

• Sickputer

Hang in there JohnnyB…my wife has been sick again lately so I know how it feels.

This little flame war is but a tiny scratch on my psyche, but it can scare away potential posters like Arnie and others who don't need the aggravation.

Rest assured there is a Fukushima 50 here (and more) who are well worth reading and will not drop the ball. We have not yet begun to show the the world the power of digital media.

• Johnny Blade

That was my point too SP and you handled it so much more eloquently than I would've although it does remind me of the CB radio days when it was the same kind of stuff-but it's not "entertaining" when there's so much at stake here! And I did note that your wife had been sick too sp and I'm sorry to hear that & send best wishes & positive vibes for a speedy recovery :) On that same note I'd add that my wife's asthma alone has me scared about this flu(?) epidemic & the intestinal bacteria thing seems "odd"too,but she's been on life support near death 5 times in our 22 years together and mostly from cold/flu turning to pneumonia and twice wasn't expected to pull out of a 3week & 1 month coma's!! I watched ambulances get turned away today twice and heard even more about that on the news and I'm really wound up thinking about having to take her for her monthly Hercepin IV infusion fRIDAY at her inner-city hospital in the midst of an epidemic emergency!!?? They may call & tell her NOT to come in though since she's a high-risk respiratory/weakened immunity patient? IDK,but I'm breaking out the dual-filtered industrial respirators from my BUGout kit in the Jeep before we cross the doorway & getting her in & out and back home to take another shower & change from the clothes I'm gonna bag & tag into storage for awhile if she can't miss this chemo visit. I saw a nuke emergency in TX declared btw & 6 workers @ Hanford test+ for PU-239 ingestion!(?)TAKE CARE ALL!! **

• rainbeaudais rainbeaudais

I think there is a big difference between a clash in persoanlities, and the venom that has been spewed here over the last 6 days or so. The venom is what made me stop posting.

Attacks on peoples age, IMO, is as bad as attacking someone for their gender, or race. I PRAY when I am 70, that I have the interest, knowledge, and drive to post on some of these forums, and withstand some of the insults hurled at me, and have the grace shown to not hurl them back.

Add that to seeing some being told to Go F yourself every other post, or how they are a troll, a shill, an old fool, stupid, waste of oxygen constantly, and you have nothing but an online forum that equals trash such as the National Enquirer on paper.

• rainbeaudais rainbeaudais

And for the record…..NO one from the Bayou Corne area has been "repeatedly hospitalized" OR "violently ill". And statements that are made like that should REQUIRE documentation back up!!!!!

• rainbeaudais rainbeaudais

Then people need to leave their hormones at the door….:-)

• rainbeaudais rainbeaudais

And sorry, but that statement REALLY proves that many that post here don't know a flip about what they speak of.

• rainbeaudais rainbeaudais

And thanks for your support DID..(!)…. :-)

• DisasterInterpretationDissorder DisasterInterpretationDissorder

its the good flow to create ;)

• Ibuiltthis Ibuiltthis

Can we get back to the business at hand? Question, as I have been out for a while tending to personal business. Is the vibrator truck causing the helicorders to go crazy?

• Ibuiltthis Ibuiltthis

Thanks Freedom! I haven't checked in a while.. I'll go do that now.