New Fairewinds video: Gundersen discusses effect of inhaling hot particles… More
Nuclear Power 101: Fairewinds Examines the Fundamental Advantages and Disadvantages of Splitting Atoms to Boil Water, Fairewinds Associates, July 31, 2011:
Included in this presentation and PowerPoint is a discussion of how nuclear power plants work, how to cool a reactor during an accident, the effect of hot particles when inhaled, and concerns involving the long-term storage of nuclear waste. This presentation took place at the Nuclear Power Conference held at the University of Vermont July 23, 2011.
Nuclear Power 101: Fairewinds examines the fundamental advantages and disadvantages of splitting atoms to boil water. from Fairewinds Associates on Vimeo.
- Gundersen: “I’ve heard numbers as high as 2 million may die of cancer” because of Fukushima (VIDEO) June 27, 2012
- Gundersen: Could there be another explosion at Fukushima? Discusses recent hydrogen buildup (VIDEO) November 17, 2011
- Former official at Japan’s Nuclear Safety Commission discusses radioactive contamination from “black rain” (FAIREWINDS VIDEO) July 19, 2011
- Researcher discusses hot particles of americium found in Tokyo — Comes from plutonium (VIDEO) December 11, 2011
- Fairewinds’ Maggie Gundersen: A guy was traveling 25-30 mph and drove right into my car — Stopped at a light and he didn’t stop — Was unable to travel to Japan (AUDIO) March 20, 2012