Enformable, February 21, 2013: TEPCO released video footage of an investigation into the Fukushima Daiichi Reactor 3 spent fuel pool [...] The footage revealed large amounts of debris and sediment accumulating on top of the spent fuel racks which will hinder the flow of water in between assemblies and could cause future cooling problems.
Source: Investigation Results of Unit 3 Spent Fuel Pool Utilizing an Underwater Camera at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (Performed on February 14, 15, 16 and 18)
Published: February 21st, 2013 at 2:21 pm ET
- Footage of large piece of debris dropping into Fukushima Unit 3 fuel pool during snowstorm (VIDEO) February 10, 2013
- New Tepco footage shows debris dangling in Fukushima Unit 3 fuel pool (VIDEO) September 13, 2012
- Tepco releases footage of No. 3 Spent Fuel Pool — Shows debris, fuel racks, crane… More (VIDEOS) April 16, 2012
- Asahi: Tepco to check for “smashed fuel rods” after large piece of debris fell at Fukushima Unit 3 pool February 8, 2013
- New underwater footage inside Unit 3 pool shows fuel rack covered in rubble (VIDEO) September 24, 2012