- Date of investigation: September 13, 2012
- Number of workers involved: 19
An underwater camera was hung from the crawler crane down into the spent fuel pool to investigate the condition of the tip of steel members partially immersed in the pool water.
It appears more debris will soon be corroding away and falling into the fuel pool.
Published: September 13th, 2012 at 9:32 am ET
- New images of fallen steel beam atop fuel assemblies in Unit 3 pool — Handles covered in debris, barely visible (PHOTOS) October 5, 2012
- Kyodo: Steel beam removed from Fukushima plant’s No. 3 pool after falling on fuel racks — Another steel beam found soon after (PHOTOS) December 20, 2012
- TV: Dam gates ‘shifted’ in Fukushima Unit 3 fuel pool — Damaged by massive piece of falling debris — Concern it could trigger drainage from pool — Tepco: It does not ‘appear’ to be leaking March 30, 2015
- Tepco: Debris is missing at Unit 3 — May have ‘sunk’ into fuel pool (PHOTOS) February 7, 2013
- Gundersen: Damage to Fukushima Unit 3 fuel racks could be from prompt moderated criticality, not objects falling in pool — What does Tepco know that they haven’t yet shown photos of? December 21, 2012