See first report here: Nuclear sub burning 50 miles from Boston -- "It doesn’t smell like a regular fire" -- Black smoke continues billowing (PHOTOS)
Update: 4-alarm fire less than 300 feet away from nuclear reactor -- Steam continues to be emitted from burning sub -- New aerial footage (VIDEOS)
Update: Fire extinguished, Commander reveals nuclear fuel on board burned sub -- Local News: He 'could not say how much'
Fire on nuke-powered sub at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard hurts 6
12:59 AM EDT May 24, 2012
Fire crews responded Wednesday to the USS Miami SSN 755 at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard around 5:41 p.m.
Around 11:45 p.m. on Wednesday, Fuller said the fire was not out, but conditions were improving. He said heat from the fire was still creating a significant amount of steam.
Watch the video here
Published: May 24th, 2012 at 1:16 am ET
- Nuclear sub burning 50 miles from Boston — “It doesn’t smell like a regular fire” — Black smoke continues billowing (PHOTOS) May 24, 2012
- 4-alarm fire less than 300 feet away from nuclear reactor — Steam continues to be emitted from burning sub — New aerial footage (VIDEOS) May 24, 2012
- “Very significant” explosion at dam next to U.S. nuclear site — ‘Plasma’ created due to tremendous amount of heat — Same type of phenomenon as lightning — Nuclear site’s fire department responds to blast (VIDEO) December 1, 2015
- Report: “Evidence Of Fukushima Daiichi Reactor Fire” (PHOTOS & VIDEO) May 8, 2011
- TV: Alert issued after fire at U.S. nuclear site — “Trigger for fire may have actually happened hours before” (VIDEO) June 25, 2013