Uploaded by: AluminumStudios
Date: Nov 13, 2011
I received a last minute message from youtube user cideroipunx (thank you!) letting me know of a huge anti-nuclear demonstration being held in Fukuoka on Sunday Nov. 12th. I grabbed my camera and hopped on a train!
I’ll make video to talk about it in details, but I just uploaded this as a brief news flash for now. There were over 10,000 people. Everyone assembled in a large park several hours before the demonstration and there were talks given on stage, a taiko drum performance, and various booths both selling things and with information. It was really huge and organized. Then everyone took to the streets and through Tenjin, a major center of the city of Fukuoka. It was all peaceful and organized and very impressive. It was probably one of the largest anti-nuclear demonstrations in Japan to date.
These Japanese people should be the model for the rest of the people in this nation. They have the bravery to stand up for what they believe and speak out, yet they retain the manners that they hold important while doing it. If this nation is to survive and prosper in the future, more people need to be willing to stand up like this and not accept the bullshit that the government and industries give and tell them.
h/t Fukushima Diary
Published: November 13th, 2011 at 2:01 pm ET
- Japan Resident: News blackout of massive protest — This is not normal what is happening (VIDEO) June 30, 2012
- Japan TV ‘News Flash’: Officials fear melted reactor fuel is now exposed at Fukushima — Tepco: We don’t know at this point if fuel is uncovered — Large drop in water level — Experts ‘struggling’ to find condition of nuclear cores, nothing is known for all 3 reactors (VIDEO) June 10, 2014
- TV Asahi Cover Protest: 45,000 people are “the voice of ordinary citizens” — Noise was deafening in PM residence while reporter interviewed Edano, Hosono June 22, 2012
- NHK News Flash: Meltdown at Fukushima worse than thought — Most of nuclear fuel ‘melted through’ Reactor 3 and “continued down to bottom of outer containment vessel” — “Has changed their understanding of what’s happening inside” (VIDEO) August 6, 2014
- TV: Dangerous typhoon causing massive damage in Japan — “Life-threatening flash flooding” expected for Fukushima, rain up to 10 inches — AP: “Packing winds up to 180 km per hour” — Experts warn of tornadoes, mudslides, and high waves along Pacific coast — Navy: Max. wave height now 37 feet (VIDEO) October 6, 2014