Photo: Gases seen bubbling up to surface of giant sinkhole — Officials say it’s coming up from center and along edges
Title: Texas Brine, state agree on sinkhole imaging plan | Ascension | — Baton Rouge, LA
Source: The Advocate
Author: BY DAVID J. MITCHELL
Date: January 15, 2013
Advocate staff photo by PATRICK DENNIS
Gases bubble up to the surface of the sinkhole at Texas Brine’s Grand Bayou facility on Monday.
Texas Brine officials said the bubbles show up along the edge of the sinkhole and also at its center in Assumption Parish.
- Official Updates: Giant sinkhole started bubbling up around edges, now it’s coming from center December 11, 2012
- Company Officials: Liquid oil is coming from bubbles in center of giant sinkhole — No cleanup crews working from Dec. 22 to 26 December 24, 2012
- Officials: 35,000 gallons of crude oil removed from giant sinkhole — Gas bubbling up in center October 31, 2012
- Officials: We don’t know how much oil is below giant sinkhole — We don’t know where it’s coming from December 6, 2012
- Officials: Wall around giant sinkhole must be ‘re-routed’ — Land is sinking outside boundary — “Ongoing surface subsidence” April 26, 2013