UPDATE: AFP: Officials "waiting for combustible materials to burn out" after Japan explosions -- Fire not extinguished -- May take days to determine cause
Title: Chemical plant blast kills one worker
Date: Sunday, April 22, 2012 11:00 +0900 (JST)
Mitsui Chemicals says the explosions occurred while the operation of all plants was halted after trouble at another plant on Saturday night.
Watch the report here
Title: Chemical Plant Blast Kills 1, Injures 17 People in Japan
Source: RIA Novosti
Date: 11:54 22/04/2012
Mitsui Chemicals has said production at the plant was halted on Saturday after trouble at another plant, which helped avoid large casualties.
Read the report here
Published: April 22nd, 2012 at 12:32 pm ET
- WSJ: Police raid Mitsui office after explosions — Inspection of site delayed due to flammable gas — Confiscation of documents expected April 23, 2012
- Kyodo Gets Suspicious? Mitsui “claimed” radioactive agent is harmless to people — Radiation mentioned 4 times — Explosions began while shutting down plant April 22, 2012
- Second explosion at Mitsui plant — FNN confirms depleted uranium — Kyodo: 3,400 drums with radioactive materials — “Did not appear to have any effect on radiation levels” (VIDEOS) April 22, 2012
- Tepco Advisor Blasts Tepco: “You do not know what you’re doing” — Japan Times: Time for gov’t to take over at Fukushima Daiichi? (VIDEO) July 26, 2013
- AFP: Officials “waiting for combustible materials to burn out” after Japan explosions — Fire not extinguished — May take days to determine cause April 22, 2012