1/5/2012, Tepco measured 3 times more Cesium as usual at the intake of reactor 3.
Cs-134: 0.76 Bq/cc (ml) or 760 Bq/liter or 2,880 Bq/gal (13 times higher than the legal limit)
Cs-137: 0.96 Bq/cc (ml) or 960 Bq/liter or 3,638 Bq/gal (11 times higher than the legal limit)
Headline: No. 3 machine more than three times the concentration of the water intake NHK
Date: Jan. 6, 2011
Tokyo Electric Power Fukushima first atomic force Departure of electricity の Unit 2 と 3 machine の water intake to pay nearly で, 5, take さ れ ta water ni-containing ma れ ru radioactive の concentration は, No. 2 machine で は large ki na Election of of ga na ka っ ta も の の, 3 machine で は agoの 日 の more than three times increased shi ma shi ni ta.
Around the nuclear power plant Fukushima Daiichi, the collected water TEPCO such as near the intake of Unit 3 and Unit 2 was detected radioactive material in a high concentration of water in May and April last year, the measurement of radioactive material We do. 5 days, from seawater collected near the Unit 2 intake, 0.12 becquerels of cesium twice the national standard of 134 per 1cc, was found 1.7 times the 0.15 becquerels of cesium 137. In addition, Unit 3 intake around 0.76 becquerels of cesium-134 13 times the reference was found 11 times 0.96 becquerels of cesium-137. Unit 2 near the intake, but there was no significant change in concentration in the vicinity of the No. 3 intake is more than three times the concentration of the previous day. Meanwhile, five days and four days, a survey conducted in 10 locations coast and offshore combined, including approximately 330 m south near the outlet of Unit 4 from Unit 1 of Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, two locations in coastal Radioactive cesium has been detected in significantly lower than any standard.
Published: January 6th, 2012 at 12:12 pm ET
- “Reactor 3 at the damaged Fukushima nuclear power station is leaking” — TEPCO says Cesium at 620,000 times above limit May 11, 2011
- Sharp rise in radioactive material near Reactor No. 3 – Seawater concentration triples in a day (VIDEO) May 18, 2011
- Gov’t: Fuel melted “much deeper” into concrete at Fukushima reactor than revealed — Triple the depth of original estimate — Tepco: “Impossible for us to evaluate potential impact” August 8, 2014
- Method for cooling Reactor No. 3 “isn’t cutting it” — Using triple the water as No. 1 and 2; A ‘considerable’ amount of water is missing target August 5, 2011
- Nuclear Engineer: Estimated 276 quadrillion Bq of Cs-137 entered Fukushima basements — Triple Chernobyl total release — A portion “has already made its way to aquifer, whence it can easily flow into sea” August 26, 2013