Title: TEPCO over-reports number of Fukushima workers
Date: Nov. 5, 2012
“Concerns are rising over whether Tepco has secured enough workers to decommission the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant”
[...] NHK found through an interview with TEPCO officials that only 8,000 workers are registered for the job, as of last month.
Earlier, the utility said there would be no manpower shortage as it had secured about 24,000 workers.
But this figure represents the total number of people who have worked at the crippled plant since the accident on March 11 last year.
16,000 workers have already quit the job. Many of them left due to severe working conditions. [...]
Published: November 5th, 2012 at 11:38 pm ET
- NHK Documentary: Recently deteriorating working conditions at Fukushima plant causing workers to quit — Company hasn’t been able to recruit a single employee (VIDEO) November 13, 2012
- TV: Chaos at Fukushima; Is it too late for world to help? — Asahi: Plant workers wearing radioactive underwear; ‘Health concerns’ blamed for recent failures October 14, 2013
- NHK: One person stops working at Fukushima plant each day — A serious problem, conditions deteriorating (VIDEO) November 27, 2012
- NHK: Severe storm is heading to Fukushima plant — Workers now scrambling to protect facility — Worried over impact of strong winds — Warning for tornadoes, landslides, high waves (VIDEO) September 16, 2013
- TV: US nuclear workers’ brains eaten away, hallucinating, mental capacity of preschooler — Wife films frightened, trembling husband on deathbed — It’s indescribable what they’ve done and they don’t care — They want you to die — Gov’t Experts: It’s allergies from cats or feathers… or B-12 deficiency — Doctor: Quit helping workers get help (VIDEO) November 21, 2014