Title: Prosecutors: criminal inquiry in nuclear accident
Source: NHK WORLD
Date: Aug. 1, 2012 – Updated 13:09 UTC (22:09 JST)
Japanese Prosecutors will start investigating the Fukushima nuclear accident as a criminal act by the government and Tokyo Electric Power Company.
Prosecutors in the 3 districts [Fukushima, Tokyo, and Kanazawa] on Wednesday officially accepted the complaints and decided to open the case, coordinating with each other.
Published: August 1st, 2012 at 12:28 pm ET
- Prosecutors question ex-Tepco chairman over Fukushima — “Accused of being responsible for the injury from radiation exposure” January 24, 2013
- Kyodo: Criminal complaint to be filed against top gov’t and Tepco officials — Says failures left many exposed to radiation — Assemblyman: “Nonsense that nobody has been held criminally responsible for causing a major nuclear accident” March 15, 2012
- Busby: “A criminal event” that gov’t failed to reveal true extent of radiation contamination — “Criminal irresponsibility” — “Quite a criminal affair” (VIDEO) December 27, 2011
- Kyodo: 1,300 people file criminal complaint seeking to jail gov’t officials and Tepco execs — Haruki Madarame, 32 others accused June 11, 2012
- Tepco admits link between death and Fukushima disaster for 1st time December 20, 2012