Title: WANTED: Workers for Fukushima Decommission
Uploaded by: MissingSky101
Date: Nov 12, 2012
At ~11:30 in
NHK Narrator: This company that manages and maintains nuclear plant instruments hasn’t been able to recruit a single worker for the plant since the accident.
Yukiteru Naka, Chairman: If nothing changes there will be no young workers at the plant in future. I think that’s very clear.
NHK Reporter: Many workers in areas with high radiation levels are quitting. They have to leave in around 3 months when their level of exposure is at the safety limit.
Recently deteriorating working conditions are also making others leave.
Published: November 13th, 2012 at 2:19 am ET
- NHK: Concerns rising at Fukushima plant — 16,000 workers have quit, ‘severe working conditions’ blamed (VIDEO) November 5, 2012
- NHK: One person stops working at Fukushima plant each day — A serious problem, conditions deteriorating (VIDEO) November 27, 2012
- Magazine Editor’s Final Words: Fukushima exponentially more dire than Chernobyl — Deteriorating plant threatens mass extinction around world — It’s made a deep impression on me recently — You have an obligation to be aware of conditions there (AUDIO) December 12, 2014
- TV: Stories of what’s really going on inside Fukushima plant only just emerging — “Conditions are deteriorating” (VIDEO) March 7, 2013
- TV: More workers rushed to hospital at U.S. nuclear site — 17 sickened in past week — Former Employee: “It’s pretty scary… to have this many in 8 days is really abnormal” — Company: We’re trying to understand what’s happening (VIDEO) March 27, 2014