Published: February 26th, 2012 at 2:27 am ET

Title: NHK shows first aerial footage of Fukushima plant
Source: NHK
Date: Sunday, February 26, 2012 15:02 +0900 (JST)

An NHK helicopter has flown near the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant for the first time since the accident occurred last March. [...]

The aerial observation confirmed that the No. 3 reactor building has an exposed steel structure distorted by a hydrogen explosion.

The yellow lid on the nuclear containment vessel was visible in the No. 4 reactor building in which a hydrogen explosion ripped out its walls. [...]

some 10 workers wearing white protective suits were on a crane vessel working to cover the seabed with cement to block radioactive substances from spreading offshore. [...]

Read the report here

Published: February 26th, 2012 at 2:27 am ET

1. Watch: NHK Japan shows aerial footage of Fukushima — Helps grasp amount of contaminated liquid at plant (VIDEO) February 26, 2012
  2. Nuclear Engineer: New footage shows Reactor 1 has “ruptured” containment structure, most likely from the explosion — Water to cool “what’s left of core” flowing into environment (VIDEO) November 15, 2013
  3. Video shows dark smoke from Fukushima Daiichi blowing over Japan on Mar. 15, 2011 after explosion at Reactor No. 3 April 4, 2012
  4. Experts particularly concerned about weight of fuel in No. 4 pool in building with possible quake damage — Destruction blamed on Reactor No. 3 explosion February 20, 2012
  5. Ex-Fukushima Worker: “This is the end!” I thought when seeing explosion at plant… “I knew how much fuel was there” — NHK: Reactor 3 blast “like being lifted up off floor” at home several miles away, I thought plane crashed outside (VIDEOS) November 12, 2013

59 comments to NHK: First aerial footage of Fukushima plant since 3/11 — Shows explosion ‘distorted’ No. 3 reactor building

• Kevin Kevin

They show no footage.

The you tube video I and others have repeatedly posted confirms this well enough.

But what about the SFP?

• PoorDaddy PoorDaddy

"First aerial footage of Fukushima plant since 3/11 — Shows explosion ‘distorted’ No. 3 reactor building"

should read:

"Ever since 3/11, Japan, US, Canada, NRC, IAEA, Tepco — 'distorted' the Truth"

• suns.on.earth

Read enenews everday for first three mo. or so. Then had to take brake for mental health lol . I check in ever so often. great job folks! Never posted or sighed in before you folks are pros I'm new at this. I will more than likely just read the posts.READ AN LEARN. I try to bring the nuckedukie up to people when i get the chance my little part I guess. Live in very rainy place on west coast and have young ones (fearfull for there future). Wanted to show off my user name. Is it not a bunch of little nasty suns how's that helping globle warming?? O well, o yea clean air. Hot particals! Were I don't see anythang can you. Peacful purposes hu really.mabey for fighting fire with Fire(cancer). Too bad we started the fire.

• dosdos dosdos

Hydrogen explosion at #3? Sigh…….

• James2

As Kevin says, there's no video – just a photograph.

And the photograph is at least a few weeks old – but does prove a few things. You can tell it's old, because they are building a water tower next to the end of the building – that was shown in the "reporters visit" pictures taken early this week.

However it proves that the JNN cam views that they have been showing recently are old video and fake – which I have been saying, but couldn't prove until this.

Look at the top row of "squares" on the near side of the building – there are now only 3 left. There were originally 6 of course, then they removed 2 of them in December. Then the late January fire/blasts blew off one more.

Now go to the newest JNN Cam view – if it's not blurred out it will show 4 squares – funny how they can make it reappear in a live cam view…

• James2

look quick before they take it away – YOU CAN SEE THE BURNED UP TENT AND BURNED OFF ROOF OF #1 RIGHT NOW.

THEY WENT TO A VIEW THAT THEY FORGOT TO PUT THE PHOTOSHOP REPAIRS IN! LOOK QUICK – I BET YOU HAVE 15 MINS TO VIEW BEFORE THEY FIX IT.

• Laterlukemayb Laterlukemayb

I don't know where this videocam came from but I do know that there was snow covering everything earlier today. So they must have gotten a pretty good warm up or Daiichi is completely out of control now.

• Laterlukemayb Laterlukemayb

That is NOT #3, this is blatant misinformation. For what purpose I do not know. That looks like #4.

• Laterlukemayb Laterlukemayb

These video feeds are bogus. The one at JNN looks like a still shot and they just move the frame to try and give the live image look. It's not working…..

• James2

They've been photoshopping the buldings for awhile. The tent on #1 burned up sometime back in early December I think. This is the first time I've seen it without the photoshop mask for awhile.

The whole facade of #2 is fake – pretty obviously

The north end of #3 is fake – they've made it look like something is there – but in reality everything there burned down into a giant hole in the ground – I call it the #3 China Syndrome Pit.

#4 was photoshopped more aggressively earlier in the day – but still things are pretty difficult to make out.

It's surprising to newcomers that they would fake the video like this, but for those of us that have been here awhile – we've been watching them do it for months.

• WindorSolarPlease

Wonder how many Countries are hiding the real pictures/video's from the public?

• James2

I say "photoshop" but that's not really what they are doing. The masks are dynamic. when the camera shakes, they have to shake the mask too or it would be even more obviously fake. They've figured out how to to do it, but they cannot photoshop the background – the sky, the smoke, the nuclear reactions – all difficult to edit out – so when those get really bad they will either turn it off, or blur it out.

• James2

Take a good look at that roofline of the #1 tent as it shows on the JNN cam. When daylight comes, the roof and walls will likely reappear.

• Laterlukemayb Laterlukemayb

They definitely have to be manipulating the video, I mean how are they hiding the steam coming from all the seawater they are pouring on those million acre forest fires in a hole.

• there was a private drone doing aerial high resolution images right after the tsunami. wonder what happened to the crew last year.

• Laterlukemayb Laterlukemayb

Just hope the worst hasn't happened (could there be worse than this) and they are not letting the public (world) know?

• truthsetufree truthsetufree

How about the US Spy saterlite that take pictures of all of the Earth. They realeased some photos of Chernobyl when it blow up and was covered up by the former USSR.

• Does this sound about right in Fukuspeak?
    No walls around SFP = leak

• FaraFola

#3 hydrogen explosion is a joke! It was a nuclear explosion, a whole reactor was blown in a sky high

• The video has very interesting footage of at least three different types of radiation storage tanks on site..

I wonder if they are earthquake proof? What kind of foundation do they have?

What happens if a plane crashes into this Pandora's Box of radiation horrors?

This is the first time this has been done in HISTORY; STORING EXTREMELY HIGH NUCLEAR RADIATION IN ABOVE GROUND STEEL WATER TANKS

• Whoopie Whoopie

Morning
    A MUST READ (long but worth every minute)
    "Federal government" BUSTED for forcing American nuclear industry to become a ticking time bomb
    BLOGGER INTERVIEWED A NUKE ENGINEER WHO SAID THEY HAD A PLAN TO BURN DOWN THE FUEL YEARS AGO (to where it'd be "harmless") AND IT WAS KILLED BY THE CARTER ADMIN.

• Whoopie Whoopie

The PLAN was killed, not the engineer.

• Hogweed

Unfortunately there was no method of burning fuel in reactors until it was "harmless". And there isn't today. The nuclear physics is well known. Yes a cycle could be constructed which would not not produce as much high level waste as current designs but it most certainly would not be "harmless" and has plenty of other drawbacks. Bill Gates currently promotes one such design – The Travelling Wave Reactor – effectively a fast neutron plutonium breeding reactor. Fast neutron reactors are intrinsically closer to nuclear bombs by design than current reactors.

I cannot see how Executive Order 12058 relates to the story anyway.

• BreadAndButter BreadAndButter

"Smoke detected at suspended Kashiwazaki-Kariwa reactor"

Just a headline on Kyodo News, probably more to come :-(

• Whoopie Whoopie

I imagine a New Post will arrive any minute. The Bad News HAPPENS EVERY single day, 24/7…AND ALMOST A YEAR COME THE 11th.
    STILL ACTIVE
    NEED AN EMAIL TO JOIN HP? HUSHMAIL, QUICK AND EASY.

• cnsrndctzn cnsrndctzn

Hey Whoopie, I'm helping you fight the trolls on that one Huffpo article, you're right a lot have shown up, anyone else that likes fighting disinfo agents feel free to join in!

• hibypass hibypass

What the heck??? I see no pics of #3 and the video was #4. Am I not seeing something or is this completely BS???

• sonnen.blum.239 sonnen.blum.239

Hello freom the great Mid Waste of the US, local munitions and industrial sites glow permanently in the dark, and currently where debris from various smoking guns (Fuku, Hancock, North Anna, Fort Calhoun,and the other 400+ leaking WMD worldwide) is raining down (at 13x background) upon us, on green leafy things, and the soil and water itself. New also to posting here, I've been reading enenews for months, lurking I guess, and amazed at the suppresion in mainstream media. I congratulate everyone here on the insightfulness, and relative level headed accuracy of the postings — though losing sleep over them more than once. Fearful of nuclear for well over a half century, and personally irradiated severely as a youth with a resulting chronic consequence, now married to a cancer survivor/thyroid, 30 year incubation/radiation exposure on Whidbey Island Seaplane base and other military bases,I salute everyone's commitment to the truth. Veggies I yesterday bought at Whole foods, imported from the "killing fields" of California, were surprisingly only mildly and statistically insignificantly elevated. I use a brand new Inspector Alert. When it doesn't precipitate (I'm at 900 ft above sea level) but in the jet stream mostly, levels are okay, tolerable, but enough to turn the cedar trees brown at the tips after rain. I long to move to Ecuador. I am hunkered down here, though, changing air filters and watching what I track into the house. We can survive, though not without work. Keep up the good work.

• StillJill StillJill

@sonnen.blum.239–What a welcomed addition you have made already!
    That is VERY good news about my (cali) veggies! And, your optimism is contagious upon me already!

So sorry you were dosed (cooked) early on,…as many here have been, as well as your spouse!

Awesome that you're kicking cancer's butt too! (spouse) :-)

I'm so glad you're here with us now in 3-D! :-)

• StillJill StillJill

Well, 2-D :-)

(Gotta love me!)

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

sonnen.blum.239, Welcome!

You really do see and understand this entire Nuclear Industry for what it really is and represents.

A "Cancer Causing Disease Nightmare" for the entire world.

These are not Spent Fuel Rods..these are really "Cancer Fuel Rods"!

These are not Spent Storage Fuel Pools..these are really "Cancer Storage Fuel Pools"!

Shut them down. Shut them all down quickly before its to late to reverse the damage already done!