NHK: Fukushima radiation still circling globe — Levels consistently rise and fall in 40-day cycle (VIDEO)
Radioactive materials spread from Fukushima plant
May 28, 2012
Japanese scientists say radioactive substances from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant may have been dispersed all around the globe in about 40 days.
A research team led by Akira Watanabe, a Fukushima University professor and meteorologist [...] say the overall density is declining, but continues to rise and fall alternately in a 40-day cycle.
They say radioactive materials from the Fukushima plant fell to the ground in various parts of the world, carried by atmospheric air flows, and then gradually decreased.
Watch the video here
- Japan TV: Fukushima radioactive plume is circling earth every 40 days — Fallout still showing spikes (VIDEO) September 27, 2012
- Iodine-131 levels rise 350km from Fukushima at sewage plant — Radionuclides “starting to transform into other substances, such as tellurium has transformed into iodine” -Local Official (VIDEO) March 31, 2012
- Mayor: “White ashes” began to fall after Fukushima explosion… not black — “I sensed this was lethal” (VIDEO) September 16, 2012
- Japanese musicians film as children play barefoot in elevated radiation levels -Gawker (PHOTOS & VIDEOS) April 30, 2012
- Sharp rise in radioactive material near Reactor No. 3 – Seawater concentration triples in a day (VIDEO) May 18, 2011