Title: Nuclear Watch: Inside Fukushima
Date: Feb. 1 2013
At 3:00 in
Once the spent fuel is removed it will be transferred to a fuel pool built above ground.
But the pool is not big enough to store all the spent fuel.
So Tepco plans to build a new facility that relies on helium instead of water as a coolant.
Published: February 4th, 2013 at 3:46 pm ET
- Fukushima Daiichi Worker: I saw black smoke that came from Common Spent Fuel Pool’s chimney — I wonder if it was the smoke of boiler… it’s not fire (VIDEOS) January 7, 2013
- Japan TV: The Nuclear Waste Curse — Animation shows spent fuel rods being exposed in Fukushima pool (VIDEO) February 23, 2013
- Photo: Cracks found in spent fuel rods at Japan nuclear plant January 12, 2013
- Tepco: Bent rod found in spent fuel pool — Nuclear fuel rods touching — “Serious fuel failure accident” risked at Japan plant December 13, 2012
- Nuclear engineer: Enormous amount of plutonium at No. 4 spent fuel pool in danger of catching fire; Pool is cracked and leaking (VIDEO) April 13, 2011