Title: 2 more workers at Fukushima Daiichi irradiated
Date: Aug. 19, 2013
2 more workers at Fukushima Daiichi irradiated
[...] the second incident in a week [...]
An alarm went off indicating rising radiation levels in the air [...]
Tests they took before leaving the plant compound showed radiation levels [...] 3 times the safety limit set by the operator.
The workers showed no immediate signs of illness. [...]
Last week, 10 workers waiting for a bus at the same spot were found to have unusually high radioactivity levels. Some blamed a mist-generating machine designed to prevent heatstroke. But this time the machine was not in use.
Published: August 19th, 2013 at 5:55 am ET
- Fukushima workers “undergoing treatment for radiation exposure” — Tepco: “6 people have been irradiated… big mistakes like this continue to happen again and again… essential that we put something in place to stop this” (VIDEO) October 9, 2013
- Contamination sprayed on men at Fukushima plant — Alarm sounds over radioactivity levels — Worker: They never told us Reactor 3 building was steaming, “I found out about it on TV” (VIDEO) August 12, 2013
- Kyodo: Alarm sounds at Fukushima plant, Unit 4 cooling system stops (VIDEO) February 24, 2014
- NHK: Alarm goes off after accident at Fukushima Unit 4 fuel pool — Work suspended after crane trouble — “Workers have been monitoring radiation levels” (VIDEO) March 26, 2014
- CEO: Fukushima is very bad, we have a crew in Japan right now; Reports coming out that gov’t covered it up… food around whole region got irradiated, increased problems for people in Tokyo — Host: Really scares me I don’t hear anyone discussing how to stop it (VIDEO) January 4, 2014