NHK Documentary March to Recovery
Voices from 3.11: Their Fate in Their Hands
Date Aired: November 3, 2012
Published by: MissingSky101
At 12:45 in
Narrator: Ishida had helped evacuate to the Okuma residents residents and seeing the reactor explode before his very eyes he realized the full scale of the disaster.
Okuma town official Jin Ishida, nuclear expert: “Reactor one exploded and from just above the pine trees, brown, or rather reddish-brown smoke shot up.”
At 15:00 in
Narrator: The Nuclear Safety Technology Center made calculations using estimated figures after the accident occurred. On the 13th, radiation diffusion and concentration were estimated based on the assumption that one of the reactors was completely ruined.
Published: November 4th, 2012 at 2:11 am ET
- NBC Right Now: Explosion at U.S. nuclear site — Kept secret from public — Happened in plant where plutonium was manufactured — “One of the most hazardous buildings” in America — Workers: “Flames shot out… big, loud bang like a shot gun” (VIDEO) May 4, 2014
- Video: “Purple cloud” seen by engineer after Fukushima explosion… “I took a photo” — Former Prime Minister: Smoke from reactor blast had different color than officials claim; Steel appears to have melted on top of Unit 3; Suggests possible nuclear explosion October 30, 2014
- Fireman Eyewitness: “It looked like a lot of smoke coming from containment building” at Byron nuclear plant — Had to be told it was steam — Original call said a building at Byron nuclear plant was filling up with smoke (VIDEO) January 30, 2012
- Video shows dark smoke from Fukushima Daiichi blowing over Japan on Mar. 15, 2011 after explosion at Reactor No. 3 April 4, 2012
- Engineer: 6 experts say nuclear explosion at reactor is possible — NRC: Fukushima Unit 3 explosion had 3 loud bangs, much larger than Unit 1 blast — Tokyo professor’s presentation adds question mark: “Hydrogen explosion of Reactor #3?” (VIDEO) December 28, 2013