Title: Camera inserted in Fukushima No.4 reactor
Date: Friday, March 16, 2012 21:21 (JST)
Debris from a hydrogen explosion and large volume of floating objects were observed inside the Number 4 reactor [...]
Wreckage, which included two pieces of long, thin sheets, was seen at the bottom of the reactor and a large number of floating white objects were also observed.
Similar floating matter was also found in the spent fuel pool inside the building, causing the pool’s visibility to fall from 5 meters last month to one meter now. [...]
It says removal of the spent fuel from the pool requires a visibility of at least 7 meters and that it will investigate how the floating matter was created.
Read the report here
h/t Fukushima Diary
Published: March 16th, 2012 at 12:39 pm ET
- Unidentified U.S. Nuclear Engineer: “Concern over mechanical stability of Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 is legitimate” May 17, 2012
- Kyodo: Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 visibility deteriorating — Major drop over past month — No where near what’s needed “to work at removing nuclear fuel” March 15, 2012
- Tepco checks for cracks in Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 — Now says reactor building not tilting “as a whole” May 25, 2012
- WATCH: Japan lawmakers warned about Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 during testimony of former ambassador (VIDEOS) April 9, 2012
- Accident in Reactor 3 fuel pool at Fukushima — Large piece of wreckage falls nearby spent uranium rods — M5 quake hits plant soon after — Official: “Unable to say” whether any are damaged (PHOTOS & VIDEO) August 29, 2014