Title: Fukushima people to sue govt., TEPCO
Date: Feb. 8, 2013
h/t Anonymous tip
[...] About 350 residents of Fukushima, Miyagi, Ibaraki and other prefectures will participate in the [class] action against the national government and Tokyo Electric Power Company.
At a news conference on Friday in Fukushima City, their representatives said they will demand that the defendants reduce the radiation levels of the areas where they have homes to those before the nuclear accident in March 2011.
They will also seek some 550 dollars per plaintiff per month in compensation for health concerns and indirect damage to their businesses. [...]
NHK: “Some evacuees are so fed up they’re taking legal action…”
Lawyer: “This case has huge significance because we’re trying to show that blame not only lies with Tepco, but also with the government.”
Published: February 9th, 2013 at 2:51 pm ET
- U.S. Physician: Of course Fukushima contamination will impact our health, “This is random murder” — TV: Scientists say it’s suicidal for gov’t to allow residents to live near radiation hotspots by plant (VIDEO) November 17, 2013
- NHK: Gov’t to study humans for genetic effects of Fukushima radiation — “Residents have been voicing concerns” — Health to be monitored for next 50+ years (VIDEO) August 31, 2012
- NHK: 80% of residents tested have radioactive iodine in thyroid up to 87 millisieverts — “Some residents face potential health risks from the exposure” -Hirosaki Professor (VIDEO) March 9, 2012
- TV: Chaos at Fukushima; Is it too late for world to help? — Asahi: Plant workers wearing radioactive underwear; ‘Health concerns’ blamed for recent failures October 14, 2013
- “We’ve been deceived” — Asahi: Gov’t withheld Fukushima radiation data; Not released until residents moved back in — Kyodo: Skepticism growing; “Incident likely to amplify public health concerns” April 17, 2014