NHK: Severe storm is heading to Fukushima plant — Workers now scrambling to protect facility — Worried over impact of strong winds — Warning for tornadoes, landslides, high waves (VIDEO)
Title: Workers At Fukushima Scramble To Prepare For Severe Storm About To Pound The Region
Source: NHK Newsline
Date: Sept. 16, 2013
At 1:20 in
Crews at the damaged Fukushima Daiichi plant are scrambling to protect the facility from the weather. Severe tropical storm Man-Yi is heading their way.
At 1:50 in
Tokyo Electric Power Company workers are worried about the impact of strong winds. They’ve placed weights on large cranes used to move debris to keep them from being toppled. And they’ve attach ropes to outdoor piping and pumps that are used to inject cooling water into the reactors.
At 2:20 in
Forecasters are warning people to be on guard for high waves, flooding, landslides, and tornadoes.
Watch the broadcast here
- Forecast shows Fukushima to get eye wall of Typhoon Wipha — Weather Channel: Things may be getting worse at plant; Storm surge to combine with inland flooding at site (VIDEO) October 15, 2013
- Japan on ‘high alert’ for typhoon-class storm — Fukushima Daiichi in path Tuesday night (VIDEO) April 2, 2012
- Japan TV: Typhoon presents “significant likelihood of natural disaster of a magnitude observed only once every few decades” — Around 500,000 households get instructions to evacuate — Waves over 30 feet high likely for Pacific coast (VIDEO) September 16, 2013
- NHK at 8a ET: Gov’t warns of tornadoes as typhoon makes landfall — Up to 8 inches of rain expected for Fukushima (VIDEO) September 30, 2012
- Reuters: Strengthening storm headed near Fukushima — Typhoon Warning Center: Well-defined low-level circulation center… Deep convection is building (PHOTO) October 1, 2013