Title: Magnitude-5.9 quake hits Fukushima
Date: Sept. 19, 2013
A strong earthquake jolted Fukushima Prefecture [...]
[...] the preliminary magnitude was 5.9 and the focus was 17 kilometers underground in the eastern coastal part of Fukushima.
The quake measured 5 plus in Iwaki City on the Japanese intensity scale of 7. Two local women reported slight injuries. [...]
The [Japan meteorological] agency’s senior official said that a quake with an intensity of about 4 could occur in areas around the epicenter over the next week. He warned of falling rocks and mudslides.
He said that aftershocks from the March 2011 quake still remain active in the nation’s northeastern and eastern areas.
[...] TEPCO says it is checking tanks storing radioactive wastewater in the plant’s compound.
Published: September 19th, 2013 at 9:57 pm ET
- Powerful M6.8 quake rocks NE Japan — Strongest to hit nation since 2011 — Official warns of upcoming aftershocks & tsunami, says tectonic plate is subducting in Pacific — CBS: Scientists detect month-long shaking on seafloor that could foreshadow mega quake similar to 3/11 (VIDEO) May 13, 2015
- M5 jolts Fukushima — Day after powerful Intensity 6- quake hit Japan — No confirmed damage so far at nuclear plant April 14, 2013
- Powerful quake rocks Japan, 6- out of 7 on intensity scale — Officials warn of strong aftershocks, around 50 so far — Helicopters find “more extensive damage than earlier thought” — Major roads collapsed, buildings flattened — Witnesses: “Strongest ever felt… Shaking was enormous” (VIDEOS) November 23, 2014
- Quake near Magnitude 7 hits off northeast Japan — Country’s strongest since 2013 — Felt along entire Pacific coastline, distance of over 1,000 kilometers — Followed by multiple aftershocks, one centered at Japan Trench — Official: Event related to massive 3/11 quake (VIDEO) February 16, 2015
- UPI: Quake rocks northeast Japan — Intensity 5- out of 7 on seismic scale — Mainichi: M5.4 quake jolts eastern Japan — Near Fukushima border, buildings rocked in Tokyo (MAP) December 30, 2013