Title: Damaged Fukushima plant on typhoon alert
Date: Sept. 15, 2013
Workers [...] are increasing patrols to make sure contaminated water does not overflow in the heavy rain.
[...] By Sunday afternoon, it has already brought heavy rain fall of 41.5 millimeters per hour in a town near the crippled power plant.
The operators are strengthening patrols to prevent rain from entering and overflowing the basement of turbine buildings and the underground tunnel where highly contaminated water has accumulated.
They found water overflowing from a fence around storage tanks near the Number 4 reactor on Sunday afternoon. TEPCO officials are inspecting the leaked water to determine if it’s contaminated. [...]
Published: September 15th, 2013 at 8:11 pm ET
- AFP: Gov’t issues highest alert for “possibly unprecedented heavy rain”; Fears it will hit Fukushima nuclear plant, torrential downpours expected — Kyodo: Major typhoon prompts emergency warning of “unprecedented heavy rain” September 15, 2013
- ‘Emergency measures’ used at Fukushima site during typhoon — Contaminated water dumped in ocean — 9 barriers were on verge of overflowing, then released into environment with NO radiation test — CNN: Workers were “on vigil” (VIDEO) October 16, 2013
- Officials: Typhoon triggers alarm at Fukushima plant — Warning of leakage at Reactor No. 1 turbine building — Leak then detected at Reactor No. 3 — Camera captures images of water pouring in after “very heavy rain” — Powerful storm still packing gusts of up to 180 km/hr off Fukushima coast October 6, 2014
- Sabotage at Fukushima Daiichi? Worker: “Someone did it on purpose… I’m convinced, it was intentional” after basements flooded with 200 tons of highly radioactive water — NHK: “Error or deliberate act”? — Official: Security cameras needed April 18, 2014
- Officials have “admitted failure” at Fukushima plant — Giving up on attempts “to prevent highly contaminated water from pouring into ocean” — Regulator asks “What was all the trouble over the past months for?” — Gov’t experts worried cement barrier is going to crack (VIDEO) November 23, 2014