NIRS: VICTORY! CALVERT CLIFFS-3 LICENSE DENIED!
Beyond Nuclear: NRC Commissioners reject France’s bid to build wholly-owned reactor in Maryland
World Nuclear News: Regulator rejects Calvert Cliffs challenge
Businessweek: NRC upholds denial of 3rd Calvert Cliffs reactor
The Washington Post: In U.S., nuclear energy loses momentum amid economic head winds, safety issues
NIRS Press Release: First time in history that the NRC Commissioners have upheld the denial of a license for a commercial nuclear reactor, and only the second time a license for a commercial nuclear facility has been denied.
Published: March 12th, 2013 at 4:05 pm ET
- U.S. denies reactor license — Only 2nd time in history August 30, 2012
- *NRC approves new US reactors* NRC Chairman says no: “I cannot support issuing this license as if Fukushima had never happened” — Had been a supporter of project February 9, 2012
- ‘Vibrations’ cause shutdown of U.S. nuclear reactor — Crews forced to wait hours to get into area May 11, 2013
- Feds dispatch more inspectors to nuclear reactors impacted by Sandy — 2 different plants in New Jersey likely to be shut down as eye of hurricane threatens October 29, 2012
- Vermont Yankee closing permanently — Embattled nuclear plant will be decommissioned in 2014 when current fuel cycle ends — Had license to operate until 2032 August 27, 2013