Now 28 bubbling sites associated with giant sinkhole — ‘Air releases’ at 3 locations outside area being tested (PHOTO)
Title: Drilling to remove gas near sinkhole
Source: The Advocate
Author: BY DAVID J. MITCHELL
Date: October 05, 2012
Authorities also are testing air releases from three new bubble sites found in recent weeks farther west toward Pierre Part and beyond any of the 25 other bubble locations in the general vicinity of Bayou Corne and Grand Bayou.
Courreges and parish officials said the samples have been sent off for isotopic tests. It’s not clear if the new bubbling sites are related to the previously known bubbling locations.
- TV: Officials report more bubbling around sinkhole — Now over 20 sites have appeared (VIDEO) September 20, 2012
- Concern about new bubble sites near giant sinkhole — Resident: More bubbling emerged in past week… “I’m thinking gas is closer to surface than they think” January 19, 2013
- New sinkhole map shows over 25 bubble sites in area of salt dome (PHOTOS) September 22, 2012
- Officials report new bubbling about 3 miles from giant sinkhole — 3 times further away than any bubble site yet (MAP) September 27, 2012
- Photo: Gases seen bubbling up to surface of giant sinkhole — Officials say it’s coming up from center and along edges January 15, 2013