Published: November 16th, 2011 at 1:50 am ET

March 11th, 2011 – They are struggling to shut down the plant – We all need to say a prayer, Enformable, Nov. 15, 2011:

From: Rudland, David [Senior Materials Engineer at U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 10:54 AM
To: ‘Bud Brust’
Subject: RE: Fukushima Daiichi Reactors

No, at this point, all we know is that they are struggling to shut down the plant.

We all need to say a prayer…

The 9.0 MW Tōhoku earthquake occurred at 14:46 JST [12:46 am ET] on Friday, 11 March 2011 [...] followed by a [...] tsunami arriving approximately 50 minutes later -Wikipedia

Published: November 16th, 2011 at 1:50 am ET

1. NRC email on potential contamination of Alaska waters from Fukushima radiation January 11, 2012
  2. Gundersen reveals how to shut down nuclear industry (VIDEO) April 30, 2012

57 comments to NRC email 10 hours after quake: “We all need to say a prayer” — “They are struggling to shut down the plant” in Fukushima

• DisasterInterpretationDissorder DisasterInterpretationDissorder

“comment removed by some shady government” :)

• kx kx

thats why I dont like religous people talking about nuclear stuff

• roxy

Admin is a champ here, must of been some sensitive data on here for them to basically knock the site offline, sounds like the system was overwhelmed and forced into a rebooting phase, whatever it is, I hope things stay online,
    Noticed there was an error on web page header before and it showed pull path disclosure.

• Johnny Blade

I’m freaking out a little bit right now because I had just hit the “submit comment” button with a very “raw” statement about this topic that included a follow-up to another post when it went down!!??-I’ve had some weird stuff happening lately and for the record~”I’m not gonna back down,OR stop making reference to what I feel about the NRC,the nuke industry,our prez needing his scalp inspected for a trio of 6′s-and how I may respond should my wife,kids or even my dog dies of radiation and I’m still able to fulfill the worst(or best)of my “bucket list” which has me reminded of the grandchild I will never get to know after my daughter lost her baby 8 weeks into her pregnancy and my wifes “seizure disorder” recently attributed to “hormonal”disturbances from a undisclosed thyroid disorder keep bringing my thoughts back to the hysterical hyena’s-the “bald turkey-buzzard” and his “circus-faced cohort” laughing when posed questions about dead Fukushima workers & citizens-but in my mind I see their disgusting,cackling outburst as the response to my family’s loss & health issues instead. I also was making mention of the surprising inclusion of the mention of “prayer” in that agency’s documents & inter-departmental comms-because I’d assumed that God was banned from their vocabulary-that is IF the prayer mentioned was referring to their praying for the people in harm’s way,or the harm to their industry benefactors and profits,expansion ambitions,etc.?!!Maybe there was someone religious in their ranks in March,but they probably included the sender of that e-mail in the first inspection team to enter Fuku,or one of the many numerous suspicious US NPP’s & facilities thought to have had incidents since 3/11 as well!??Whatever-just threw off the image I perceived of anyone affiliated with the NRC momentarily by making them seem more human.Also-when I tried to get back on ENE it redirected me to “Veteran’s National News” which had links to ENE news on…

• Johnny Blade

anybody showing compassion,concern for victims of nuke accidents or the actions of any environmentally unfriendly corporate d-bags is likely to be sent to inspect molten corium somewhere and/or wind up in a FEMA concentration camp somewhere one day soon. In which case I’m of the opinion that we’re likely to meet-along with a goodly portion of my fellow ENE news contributers and active protesters wherever they’re found!!(almost LOL) I agree-”something” got somebody “uppity” & engaging in a bit of “cybercrap”-glad you guys were able to get things up & running again!!Keep up the good work!!…PEACE

• VanneV anne

I’ve had that happen also a few times. Yesterday or the day before, when I submitted some Bible verses. 30 minutes later when the site came back up I was able to submit the same post without trouble. I think there may be other reasons for it to go down, such as enenews adding another headline to the site. However, I have wondered the same–that they are going down because of my submitted comment.

I think the FEMA camps are probably for disasters, such as a devastating earthquake along the Madrid Fault line. Or a meltdown at the North Anna nuclear plant, or when the grid goes down for an extended period time after solar flares. I don’t think they have enough room for all the people who are anti-nuclear. Hilary campaigned against nuclear in the nominating process and she got more votes in the primary than any other presidential candidate has ever received.

If Obama doesn’t come out anti-nuclear, a third candidate who is anti-nuclear and who is pro the 99% and wants to create infra-structure jobs and is anti-monopoly in corporations and who will stop giving tax breaks to jobs overseas, and who wants to stop using oil to transport imports, who will want the wealthy and corporations to pay their fair share of the taxes, who will put a ceiling on credit finance charges, etc., will have enough support to win the presidency.

• VanneV anne

I am very sorry for your personal trials and pain. I didn’t read your whole post before responding. No one is exempt from these same trials because radiation is no respecter of persons. My daughter has to go in for another biopsy for another part of her body. It is the NRC and the IAEA and the elite who are naive and will not receive God’s protection.

I was appalled with the post that I posted yesterday or the day before, that the Soviets required the pregnant women who were near Chernobyl to have abortions. When people quote the genetic mutations and birth defects from Chernobyl these statistics have been skewed by all these abortions. If nuclear technology require so many abortions and euthanasia, there will be no one left to man the nuclear plants or to populate the earth, not to mention the immorality involved.

No matter that the Soviets were so aggressive after Chernobyl compared to the Japanese and Fukushima. The Soviets have bought uranium mines in Wyoming and are spreading nuclear technology and nuclear power plants, such as in Turkey on massive earthquake fault lines. The resulting radiation after an earthquake will kill off everyone in Russia, as well as around the world. Trying to live in underground bunkers is both naive and non-sustaining.

• BreadAndButter BreadAndButter

“We need to say a prayer”????
    Stop building and “operating” those bloody nukes, then save your damn prayers for something better.

NRC arses.

• BreadAndButter BreadAndButter

Has anybody else noticed that enenews is quite rapidly gaining “friends” at the moment? :-)

Thanks Admin for providing this superb platform. Hope the server will be fixed and you get some sleep soon.

*cheers

• Ene gains a few new ‘likes’ each new hour in the last couple of days. It’s been depressing to watch for 8 months now … whole world toast and so few folks on the largest networking site have yet to rise to the rad occasion.

• Although I will say, seemingly due to japanese host with acute leukemia story, ene has seen 26k+ hits today (maybe we’ll get lucky and the branjelina crew, like american royalty, will come down with a touch of the fuku flu … would love to see their itinerary). Amazing, grateful and encouraging! Thank you ALL who visit here and everywhere for getting the rad word out there. Ps…rc is a welcoming place to meet with the option to private chat in addition to ene. I have a dream the rad forum will be used there to gather links coherently. Feel free . . .

• Blondie Blondie

The nuke industry has been playing God for decades and now that the SHTF, they think maybe it’s best to ask the head honcho for help? Hmm. I wonder what God’s reply would be to all those little Caesars. They are the ones who decided to play with fire, so I say He should give it to them! Send them all to hell!

• Johnny Blade

I ran across this while I was waiting for the site to come back up- http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x33dpr_eine-chronik-schwerwiegender-tage ~it’s a 6 minute video from a guy who died later after taking footage of the molten corium under Chernobyl,but I wish I could have it translated?! I noticed the ravens were going crazy again as the sun set on the TEPCO cam,I think they’re eating the remains of the other birds that die on the roof of reactor#1!! Also found mention of ravens being associated with Armegeddon(!!)and in the Chernobyl video in the link above the cameraman paused from everything going on to film a raven flying overhead?!!Weird.. I felt a strange sense of deja vu watching the Russian “Liquidator’s” in action-again! They sure had a greater sense of urgency that I don’t see happening at Fukushima-which is WAY worse! There’s so much going on I’m bouncing all over the place here!LOL! I better get some sleep though,my wife is bound to be sick when she gets back home today after spending 2 days at the foot of one of her favorite uncle’s deathbed with her mom. Stress and emotions and depression bring on the seizures & syncope attacks & I just got that “bad feeling” again & I’m not sure what today’s gonna bring?! I’m glad Admin got the site back up & hope everyone’s ok! For the record-I’m not real religious,my wife is though and I figure it never hurt any-but I’m gonna say a prayer for everyone before I go to sleep here & don’t care who doesn’t like it! Maybe that’s the only thing left that we can do anymore and I don’t think it matters much about specifics either! I’m gonna pray to the Higher Power,Supreme Being,Buddha,Allah,Zeuss~ALL of the above~a “Universally-encompassing Prayer & plea that we all wake to some kind of news that gives us encouragement & hope that we may find some comfort & peace in the midst of this hellish nightmare! Good Night All…

• tomb1

They need to pray? Interesting that they do not believe in the security of this technology themselves.

Religion is a very weak supplement for reason and science.

• Steven Steven

@ tomb1

I’m generally mild mannered but it’s getting a tad old reading disrespectful and offensive garbage like the last line of your post. If you don’t have anything positive to say about religion just leave it be.

Does it not even occur to you that the good ship ‘Reason and Science’ has already sailed, rudderless as it is without a proper respect for Creation, and is now listing perilously and taking on (radioactive) water as the largely Godless crew quietly man the lifeboats (such as they are) – leaving the hapless passengers to their fate.

Reason and science. Great job so far. When that no longer satisfies your need for comfort remember the various places of worship usually welcome newcomers.

• tomb1

Don’t forget to count alle the people killed for religious reasons. And if there would be a god, why does he let all this happen?

But, why bother.

• VanneV anne

Because He gives humans free will. The bad things are not allowed by God (He creates miracles all the time for the faithful when they call on Him), but many humans enable the evil in the world because they want to be rebellious and want power to ignore goodness and even common sense. In the end their power will destroy them, but not the faithful. Instead of recognizing God’s miracles, the unfaithful point to these miracles as “proof” that radiation does no harm. They need rather to look at all the suffering caused by radiation and people who scorn God. I really can’t understand why World Net Daily follows Ann Coulter, unless they are only pretending to be Christian for financial gain. Ann Coulter is the personification of evil and narcissism.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

I think it is important that ..everyone remember… there are people of all faiths on this blog… including atheists.
            ..Too much thumping of one “good book” or another…. is alienating.

• VanneV anne

Do want me to quote your statements about rage? These statements are alienating also. The word “alienation” is what you are promoting in addition to rage. Are you threatening me again? Threats are actually felonies.

• Steven Steven

Go back to… the start of… this ‘debate’… you will see that… an atheist… started it.

If you are… suggesting that… certain people… can’t defend their views… that would make you… a fascist.

• Steven Steven

“all the people killed for religious reasons”

An oft quoted argument, and a complete misrepresentation of the facts. Switch to something analogous so we can see more clearly: if we examine the monarchic system of leadership, it becomes apparent that some kings/queens did a good job, others terrible. It’s a situation with a subjective outcome, if you’ll pardon the weak pun. People are either for or against monarchy but the fact is, it’s the individual king or queen who makes or breaks the system, and so it is with religious conflict.

Blaming religion for the greed and zealotry of certain individuals doesn’t hold water, if you are rational you already know that. As for me providing reasons for what God allows and does not allow, do you remember being a kid and not understanding why your parents dragged you to the dentist – all that pain and misery? It’s reasonable to expect some confusion in the presence of someone smarter than yourself. And I couldn’t help noticing, you do seem confused.

• Johnny Blade

Thanks for the kind words Steven. Bad stuff kinda follows me around like a dark cloud,I just keep pushin’ on for the sake of my wife,kids & few surviving family left and another likely has died or is close to it as I type this. I don’t retract my prayers that I’d said on behalf of everyone and I don’t push my beliefs on anyone either.My own sarcasm regarding the NRC dude was based on my notion that those guys who are still with the program have been forced to take a side “Good” or “Evil” due to the shher nature and volume of death & suffering their own part of covering up or blatantly lying about something as horrific as their Agency is actively participating in following the worst disaster to ever strike mankind.The sender of the e-mail on 3/11 is either concerned for the victims of the industry they’d already chosen to protect rather than the people they were supposed to be looking out for through their “regulatory” duties.So was he praying for a good outcome for the victims in harms way,or was he praying for his job security and that the scandalous way they conduct themselves wouldn’t also be discovered for what it is?!! It’s too bad that every time The Creator or prayer is mentioned it inspires contempt and I wish I would’ve left it alone now.I’m glad you said what you did though because I just wanted to include everyone in the prayer I promised my wife I’d say for her dying uncle.Thank You again for salvaging my effort with your eloquent & wise response!It was nice meeting you,by the way and I’m a bit overtired right now so I’m gonna finally sign off before I keep rambling,lol!! God Bless & Best Wishes PEACE

• Steven Steven

You are very welcome JB. Things can drag you down some days, sometimes all it needs is a friendly nod from a stranger to get back on your feet. And don’t be reticent about your personal beliefs, we are all entitled to them and some of us learn from others this way.

Hope things pick up for you soon.

• tomb1

What did I start here.

The main thing I wanted to say is that it is very sad that, instead of using existing knowledge and science to stop the crisis this e-mail suggests praying.

A prayer does not inject boron nor does it provide electrical power for cooling pumps. It even does not distribute iodine pills. But science at least has ideas for what to do.

The point is that obviously this NRC “specialist”(?) has no idea how to solve the problem or what actions have to be taken.

• Steven Steven

I suspect that you are no expert on what can or cannot be achieved through prayer. However since your intentions were apparently for the best we should probably continue in better humour.

The point made by the email (at least for me) was that even the ‘experts’ were getting fidgety right from the ‘get-go’, and in this case quickly deferring to God for salvation – and quite rightly, since there are no tools in the science box to fix this. It’s a kak-up. They actually believed it could never happen (for some reason – most of us here knew it could) so they hadn’t thought it through. If they had the risk assessment would have seen the blasted things decommissioned long ago.

• tomb1

I don’t have to be the expert, because it’s you who has to prove that it has any effect.

The other way around it does not work. I could say that there is a flying spaghetti monster. You can not prove that I am wrong. So I have to prove that I am right. I can’t.

If you have the time, you are free to prove praying effects now. Turn electricity off. Find out my name. Stop Fukushima. Send me one of your thoughts. Whatever, but please do it. You can’t? Oh!

• Steven Steven

Actually tomb1 it’s not exactly the done thing to test God, but I guess you can’t be expected to know that. And btw I don’t feel obliged to prove anything, either to you or anyone else. Suit yourself, I have no interest in your beliefs, provided you ‘leave room’ as it were for the beliefs of others. But if you are curious there are more than a few references in the Bible to prayers being answered – and sometimes not, usually with a reason at least written ‘between the lines’.

I will add one word of caution; disbelieve if you must, but actually offending God seems an apalling unnecessary risk, with no possible gain.

• oscar419

Once again Totally off topic.
    I was watching a Ms. Milky video last night, I think the link was posted in a comment or the like. During the video they showed I think an ultrasound of a thyroid gland. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised at the corporate logo on the monitor. GE is doing a marvelous job driving their “medical equipment” division and now their BWR department is lending a hand.

(hope this link werx, let me know if not I can stash it elseshere.\

• VanneV anne

Experts to quiz UAE over its nuclear programme

“….The Emirati nuclear plan is the furthest advanced of several floated in oil-rich Gulf states, whose petrodollars mean they still have capital to invest and lavish on their populations while uprisings rage elsewhere in the Arab world. Saudi Arabia, the Gulf’s biggest power, plans to open its first plant in 2020 in a programme that under the most extreme – if unlikely – scenario could see 60 reactors built by 2030.”

• karaa karaa

god save enenews. I mean it.

• WindorSolarPlease

Administration, sorry for your crash. Really glad to see that you are up and running now. You and your staff has put a lot of hard work in getting out all this information. Thank You.

We all have free will to believe in God or not, and believing if prayers work or not. It’s not up to me to judge what people believe is right or wrong. I know I don’t want that job.

Now back to this disaster, shutting those plants in Fukushima and all plants all over the world would be nice.

We have this radiation, and radiation is not good for us. Besides wanting the closures of Nuclear Plants, I want medical care. People are and will not get medical care when needed. Who can afford health care insurance, that will be needed by 2014?
    Health care should be proved to everyone, not only to those who can afford it.

This radiation was brought on us by corporations and those running this world, I would like them legally to take responsibility of people’s health issues.

When you hurt the publics health, you should get the bill.

• sworldpeas sworldpeas

Japanese officials also held an official world wide prayer to the Fuku waters. How are all those prayers working out for us?

My God doesn’t answer complaint prayers. His answers will be revealed to me after the fact so I’m on my own until then. We made this radioactive bed and now we get to sleep in it.