Chris Harris, former licensed Senior Reactor Operator & engineer, Feb 19, 2015 (at 30:15 in):
- The buildings are really in a state of disrepair at Fukushima. There’s been some new video released of what could be the molten – some of the corium – that has leeched out. We talked a long time ago that some of it is not solid and still oozing in that respect. And this video showed something, that if it weren’t just metal melted, but it sure looked like if it was corium, then it would be oozing. Which would lend credibility to our lava lamp effect that we’ve been talking about for a long time now, thus little criticalities going on and causing continued heat… Certainly there were some pretty interesting images of it.
- You can see how frustrating the attempts are to contain the mess into some area, let alone treat it.
- The fuel was never designed to leave the cladding, that was the first line of defense. Once that gets broken and then the containment gets broken, or even before that the reactor gets broken, the genie is long out of the bottle.
TEPCO: Photos and Videos Library, Feb. 15, 2015: — ‘Use of robots for reactor stabilization and decommissioning at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station‘
Published: February 23rd, 2015 at 5:22 pm ET
- Japan Gov’t Expert: Nuclear fuel continued melting long after injecting sea water into Fukushima reactors — Extended release time caused ‘massive’ radioactive fallout — Reactor heat ‘surged’ when coolant was added — Officials admit just 3% of water pumped in made it to reactors (VIDEO) January 30, 2015
- Gundersen: Spent fuel likely to break when pulled from Fukushima Unit 4 pool — Racks have been distorted; Fuel rods overheated — Suspects some will be stuck there for long, long time (AUDIO) September 9, 2013
- Details sketchy on radioactive leak at Ohio nuclear plant: Officials unsure how much leaked or for how long — “I can tell you that it had not been an overly long time” (AUDIO) June 8, 2012
- TV: We’re talking about generations being affected by Fukushima, and also their future healthcare… How are those in charge getting away with this, time after time by just saying sorry? — What do we tell the younger generation about what happened to our ocean? (VIDEOS) August 24, 2013
- Sailor talks Fukushima’s Impact on Pacific: “It’s dead… for thousands of miles there was nothing” between US & Japan — “Like sailing in a dead sea… everything’s all gone” — “Just talking about it makes me feel like I want to cry” — “No birds, no fish, no sharks, no dolphins, no turtles, nothing” (AUDIO) October 23, 2014