Arnold Gundersen with a Fukushima update, Helen Caldicott MD podcast, September 2, 2011:
At 9:15 in (Transcript Summary)
Update on where things are at in Fukushima… Reactors continue to emit significant quantities of radioactive gases, last number I saw is a gigabecquerel/day… They don’t know for sure, it’s just an estimate based on radiation exposure at fence post at plant.. especially cesium but also strontium and polonium.
Download the audio program here.
Published: September 6th, 2011 at 2:56 pm ET
- Tents over Fukushima reactors will increase dispersion of radioactive gases — Trapped radiation to be pumped up high into air September 6, 2011
- Japan nuke expert: Melted fuel rods estimated to be 12 meters underground Reactors No. 1-3 — To be 100 feet deep in a year (AUDIO) September 21, 2011
- Nuclear engineer: NRC now says reactors and containments have breached and released plutonium off-site — “Much worse” than if from spent fuel pools (VIDEO) August 22, 2011
- Experts fear radiation from damaged nuclear fuel has weakened structures of reactors and spent fuel pools at Fukushima September 14, 2011
- Gundersen: Clouds of radioactive steam should not be coming from Reactors No. 2 and 3 if in ‘cold shutdown’ (VIDEO, Part II) October 22, 2011