Gundersen Postulates Unit 3 Explosion May Have Been Prompt Criticality in Fuel Pool, Fairewinds Associates, April 26th, 2011:
At 3:05 in
Americium has been found in New England
Detection of radioactive materials in the soil in Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, TEPCO Press Release, April 27, 2011:
As part of monitoring activity of the surrounding environment, we conducted an analysis of plutonium contained in the soil collected on March 21st and 22nd at the 5 spots in Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station. [...]
Besides, as the result of the americium and curium analysis in the soil from 2 samples among the 3 periodic sampling spots in which plutonium was detected on March 28th amerium 241, curium 242, 243, and 244 were detected.
We have reported the results of analyses to the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency and the government of Fukushima Prefecture.
We will continue to conduct the similar analysis.
“One tonne of spent nuclear fuel contains about 100 grams of americium” -Wikipedia
Published: April 28th, 2011 at 5:01 am ET
- Researcher discusses hot particles of americium found in Tokyo — Comes from plutonium (VIDEO) December 11, 2011
- Radiation levels spike 7,000% at US nuclear site — Coming from Plutonium, Uranium, Americium, or other alpha emitters — AP: Workers shelter in buildings — Official: Contaminated sample is so safe “it could have been… put in someone’s lunch bucket” (VIDEO) November 11, 2014
- WIPP Expert: “Very likely” multiple nuclear waste drums exploded, risk of more occurring; It was clearly something major… signs of fire at container holding over 500 billion Bq of Plutonium and Americium — Nuclear Engineer: “This is a huge dirty bomb” (VIDEO) June 24, 2014
- WIPP Expert: Nuclear waste is getting out above ground — Plutonium / Americium found in “every single worker” on site when leak began — New Mexico officials ‘totally unsatisfied’ with lack of info from Feds — “We don’t know how far away it’s gone” — Continuing threat for long time to come (AUDIO) March 5, 2014
- Nuclear Engineer: Studies show multiple fuel cores ejected from Fukushima reactors… I thought so too, it was one of my big concerns — Radiation Expert: Hot particles of uranium and plutonium fuels detected nearly 300 miles away (VIDEO) August 25, 2014