At 12:30 in
Arnie Gundersen, Fairewinds Chief Engineer: I think my leak rate, and the amount of cesium that is in that leak rate, match up a lot better with the exposures people in Japan really got.
The IAEA says 100 people are going to die from this. I think it’s going to be a thousand times higher than that.
The difference is in the assumptions. I think my assumptions are supported a lot more by the data in the field, than the IAEA’s hiding behind some old studies.
For more on the leak rate, see: "Game Changer": Fukushima cesium releases likely 20-30 times higher than revealed (AUDIO)
Published: March 28th, 2013 at 12:15 pm ET
- Death toll estimate from Chernobyl now around 1.5 Million -Expert (VIDEO) December 22, 2012
- Nuclear Engineer on Radio: Unfortunately, the truth is there will be a large death toll from Fukushima — Damages to be seen “over the next century” — Disaster at plant is unprecedented in magnitude (AUDIO) September 3, 2013
- Journalist: “Purple spots, thyroid anomaly, sudden death… Death rate 1.5 times!” — “Lots of symptoms with Fukushima kids” December 4, 2012
- Japan Times: “Alarming estimate of cancer fatalities… 1 million extra deaths” — Nobody mentions krypton and xenon that poured from Fukushima plant, says Gundersen — 2-3 times greater than Chernobyl September 15, 2012
- BBC Interview: “News about Fukushima… keeps getting worse” — Japan Professor: “Rash of disease” in Fukushima children, rate of cancer in thyroid up to “dozens of times higher than usual” — Expert: Forcible radiation exposure by gov’t (AUDIO) January 1, 2014