Published: December 22nd, 2011 at 7:06 am ET

Title: Fukushima – Total Cost
Uploaded by: wepollock
Date: Dec 21, 2011
Description: Arnie Gundersen of Fairwinds Associates (a leading nuclear expert) and Warren Pollock redefine the Fukushima nuclear incidents (meltdowns and explosions) in terms of human and total cost. [...]

At 13:20 in

• I think the 20 year cost from Fukushima will be about one million cancers
  • Based on Three Mile Island studies
  • About a 20% increase in lung cancer 3-5 years after TMI
  • And that was small compared to Fukushima
  • And in a much lower population density
  • First thyroid cancer
  • Then lung cancer
  • Then organ cancer, leukemia, brain cancer, things like that

Watch the interview here

Published: December 22nd, 2011 at 7:06 am ET

1. Lung cancers in Northern Japan will increase by 20-30% in 3-5 years as a result of Fukushima, according to estimate — Other cancers to follow September 6, 2011
  2. Another 20 Navy Sailors: USS Ronald Reagan crew with thyroid cancers, leukemia, brain tumors, bleeding, blindness after Fukushima disaster — Young kids developing problems — Gov’t and Tepco involved in major conspiracy (AUDIO) December 12, 2013
  3. Nuclear Expert: Fukushima risk underestimated — 5% of young girls will get cancer living in 20 milliSv/y for 5 years — “Actually worse than that” — Hot particles NOT included & only counts cancers, not other effects (VIDEO) January 18, 2012
  4. Navy Sailors After Fukushima: They’ve got leukemia, testicular cancer, growths… They’ve had surgery to remove brain lesions and lost sight in eye (VIDEO) February 11, 2013
  5. Reuters: Thyroid cancer risk lasts entire life after radiation exposure — Leukemia risk peaks in a few years August 17, 2012

28 comments to Nuclear Expert: 1,000,000 cancers from Fukushima in Japan over next 20 years — First thyroid, then lung, organ, brain, leukemia (VIDEO)

• VanneV anne

Well we know now that TMI was vastly under-reported. And we have to use Chernobyl as the minimal guide, not TMI anyway.

Even more deaths will be caused by problems with the circulatory functions and immune dysfunction. And the problems with the intellectual degradation and the genetic overloading of the human genome will endanger our species and will result in its future inability to survive.

• or-well

Most defenceless, innocent of crime,
    Open-hearted, loving and benign –
    Babies and Children, utterly harmless,
    Their health and safety cannot be promised,
    When ego-rampant Dogs of MORE
    Through State denial and Nuclear Whores
    Compassion, Truth and Sanity ignore.

• VyseLegend

I recommend everyone follow Wepollock’s youtube channel and website, he’s been on top of things for years far beyond almost any one else.

• StillJill StillJill

This is sooooo disgusting! The cover-up certainly IS worse than the crime-In MY opinion! And the crime,….alone, stinks all the way up to HIGH HEAVEN! But,…the forces behind the cover-up are Legion. Even my 30+ year spiritual adviser, told me last night to stay off , “those Fukushima sites”,…”there is nothing anyone can do,…so stop making your life hell with this”? Blame the victim again. Yeah right,…I’m sick now because I thought too many NEGATIVE thoughts again. Oh, P’leeeease!

• Hasn’t leukemia has had an early arrival ?

• StillJill StillJill

Good to see you xdrfox! Yes, are not all the bruising ‘we’re’ starting to hear about,…pointing to leukemia? That’s what I’m thinking we’re seeing,…but I am an expert in nothing I realize.

• HoTaters

I’ve had blistering on my left thumb off and on for two weeks. The places where the blisters come don’t heal properly. Yesterday, the back of my right hand broke out spontaneously in a small. painful bruise. It spread quite a bit, and was about 1″ across. Now it’s fading, but I have to ask myself if, being somewhat immune suppressed due to chronic Lyme disease (Lyme & Co.), I’m developing radiation-related issues.

Had red rashes on wrists back in March and April. Unfortunately bought the lie (at the time) the Xenon 133 cloud was harmless. I went out and did gardening during the days the Cesium clouds, Iodine 133 clouds, etc. were supposed to be less significant in March and April. Now I realize how extremely harmful the Xenon 133 cloud was.

Stayed in the house most of the rest of the time, with just about everything sealed up (including the garage). Nonetheless, there must have been significant radioactive exposure.

The dummies that order the cloud seeding/chemtrail spraying massively sprayed my area for 6-8 weeks, during the height of the radioactive releases in Japan. On the other hand, perhaps it was done on purpose. As a result, the rain was extremely heavy for the entire period from March 18 – April 15 or so ….

If one believes the nut jobs running the world have a eugenics agenda, then it’s not so surprising ….

If I continue to have blistering/bruising issues, will definitely have it checked out. So far, have met with disbelief, even on the part of Lyme literate doctors. These are MD’s who deal with people with suppressed immune systems, on an ongoing basis.

I have tried to tell three of my physicians I think we’re being hit heavily with radiation, and have run into a solid wall of denial I have. Now I understand why the Japanese are frustrated in trying to get proper medical care, and get their concerns acknowledged. When the physicians will try to use any other explanation than the one that should be obvious (!!) we’re all…

• StillJill StillJill

Yes-no,….I have 1/2 gig of memory left,…literally and figuratively,….can’t seem to email anyone successfully. But,…I didn’t try you yet friend. Additional memory in the works after the third,.,….so I can email like a big person. As it is,….the ‘gerbils’ are running the wheels behind this box,…just as fast as their little legs will take them, eh? (8 year old computer). To see “ENENEWS is connecting”,……., is ALL she can do. I say a ‘Thank-You prayer’ each time I connect here,….my life raft.

• Atoms For Happiness Atoms For Happiness

So, they say there will be 1,000,000 extra cancers over the next 20 years.

Their figure is equivalent to 50,000 extra cancers every year in Japan.

Compare that with around 1,600,000 deaths in a normal year in Japan, of which around 800,000 deaths are from cancer in a normal year.

If, say, around half the extra 50,000 cancers from Fukushima are treatable, and the rest are terminal, there will be 25,000 Fukushima-related deaths per year.

Is that all? I’m surprised it’s not more. I think it will be much more. What about all the non-cancer health effects? They don’t even try to estimate the numbers of extra heart attacks, immune system damage, skin cancers, brain and nervous system damage…

We cannot afford Fukushima, and we certainly cannot afford another. Shut down nuclear now!

• Grampybone Grampybone

If 1 million will die from this than the statistics here presented are vastly underestimating the true scale of disease and sickness from radiation. The ocean contamination is the difference here in terms of human consumption of ocean animals. I would say the amount of people who will die from this could easily break the 100 million mark due to “lack of data collection” as the industry calls it. All of Tokyo and Tokyo bay will now be “hot spots” how can you say only 1 million will die when over 100 million live in Tokyo? This fallout is no joke and it will wreak havoc on the insides of millions of unborn children too. Underestimating the level of casualties is fine with me, I get to watch the show play out in real time.

• jimbojamesiv

I can’t believe I’m writing these words but if only 1,000,000 people died from Fukushima over the next 20 years, then everyone here is wrong about what is occurring.

I’m no scientist, but no nation, government or people will do anything if 50,000 more people die every year in a population of 100,000,000 plus, hidden in a maze of statistics. Even birth defects would probably not be able to ring the alarm, presuming that Fukushima is not way worse than what the so-called nucular expert is estimating, whom I’m presuming is Arnie/Arne Gunderson.

My only reference point is the birth defects that arose allegedly from exposure to Depleted Uranium by Iraqis and US soldiers. These stories have been around for years, and, frankly, no one cares, and no US administration is going to do anything about it. It’s no different from Agent Orange, and the list goes on and on.

• alexa

My guess is, in 15 hers, one third of the world population will be dead from Fukushima and nuclear plants. How is that for more accurate estimate? This is Thousand times worse or more than Cernobyl. Most of the food supply is already compromised in Canada.

• Speaking of the Canadian food supply, I have asked my Canadian friends about their traditional green harvest. Not one of them is concerned about the radioactive fallout on their outdoor crops. If they smoke it, they inhale these radioactive articles directly into their lungs, right?

And California got hit hard too… It’s almost like a eugenics program. Think of all of the creative types needed to deal with the fallout from this disaster (and the GOM, too – methane still seep from the seafloor, which will one day collapse, hopefully not in my future but…), many of whom like to smoke a little weed given the polarity of precriptions. Are any dispensaries testing for radiation? The incidence of lung cancer might increase rapidly amongst this population.

• It is Almost Like?

It Is Not The 80′s Anymore And We Are Not Watching Captain Planet.

NO – It Is Technocratic Tyrannical Demonic Dictatorship Openly Practicing Global Eugenics With Proxy State Area J – Nihon Koku As Initial Radiological Contamination Isolation Experimental Culture Programme Regime.

This Is Good Against Evil – And This Is A Battle For The Death Of Japan – Thus Our World.

• alexa

15 years. Sorry for error my iPad autocorrects what I write.

• Anyone Who Practices Common Sense In Observing Entropy In Closed

Circuit Systems Should Make Reasonable Adjustment Of Figure To

100,000 Million After Incorporation Secondary And Tertiary

Contamination Alongside Non-Detectable Abnormalities And

Complications Poised By Post Contamination Environmental And

Bio-Accumulative Saturation.

• Weigh in, speak your mind on what you think of nuke power in this 30 second poll. Nuke Truth, we need more of it.