Published: April 7th, 2012 at 11:44 am ET

Title: Fukushima Disaster – One Year Later
Source: The Radio Ecoshock Show
Date: March 13, 2012

Transcript Excerpts

Nuclear Expert Arnold Gundersen

• I would urge the citizens of Fukushima to report deformities or still births and things like that
  • I don’t believe the Japanese gov’t wants that info out there
  • And I realize that culturally that is extraordinarily difficult for the Japanese to do
  • But if independent scientists are ever to get good data we need the Japanese to tell us what is going on

Listen to the one hour report here

Published: April 7th, 2012 at 11:44 am ET

1. Japanese Journalist: Nobody can stop this movement anymore — Even if police make controls, people will gather together — A revolution made by citizens June 24, 2012
  2. NRC: After Fukushima crisis began MANY countries urged citizens to evacuate Tokyo — Canada, S. Korea, UK, Australia all stated 50 mile evacuation zones, not just US January 19, 2012
  3. AP Headline: “Japanese govt kept meltdown risk secret” — NISA spokesman replaced after letting it ‘slip out’ during press conference March 10, 2012
  4. Japanese Legal Expert: “Even residents of Tokyo are evacuating” — More and more people fleeing Fukushima (VIDEO) October 26, 2012
  5. Gundersen: Japan gov’t attempting to cover up health effects — A lot of deformities and cancers will be identified by citizens in next couple of years (AUDIO) August 14, 2012

36 comments to Nuclear Expert: Fukushima citizens urged to make reports of deformities or still births — “I don’t believe the Japanese gov’t wants that info out there” (AUDIO)

• I think pets and livestock should be included. The more data, the more we know.

• Myme

Great idea… I see in Japanese tweets and blogs many Japanese are individually talking and asking about various symptoms, health problems of someone they know, and even urine and other physical test results that they had.

To implement Arnie's great suggestion, we need to set up an easy-to-do reporting system for ordinary Japanese people who do not read/write English. I'm not a web expert but will be happy to help with Japanese language (Enenews knows my email log in, if anyone wants to contact me).

Ideally, the server of such site should be located outside Japanese jurisdiction, so as to ensure freedom of speech and avoid Japanese government censorship. The system also should have privacy and verification features(so the info we collect is reliable).

Long ago, I saw one Japanese web site that was trying to record people's symptoms and allowed public view. I don't think they got far because many Japanese do not want other Japanese to know about their health problems (the database was recorded anonymous but it showed the city and other personal info from which someone you know might be able to guess who that is). When the web master is a Japanese, these days it generates some levels of concern among people's mind because of the ongoing censorship and possible cyber as well as physical harrassment for speaking out the inconvenient truth. So, I personally think an American web site, American web master would be ideal for such effort.

• BreadAndButter BreadAndButter

Hi Myme, that's an excellent idea! Maybe our Admin could help out?? He's been through some storms with the site and knows his/her business! Or EX-SKF, as he speaks Japanese??
      Both sites already have a reputation, which might make it easier for people to trust their data to them ratherthan to a new site.

• NoNukes NoNukes

Iori Mochizuki over at Fukushima Diary logs reports of symptoms. He is now located in France and is looking for a place in New York for the fall. He would probably love help, too.

Myme, we need a Japanese translator at enenews! I have been trying to figure out when the claim was made that the black dust that emits Alpha in Japan is cyanobacteria. I think that it is in the last video clip on this thread, but it is in Japanese. Could you please translate the most important part? It is less than 2 minutes long.

Thank you!

• Myme

Hi NoNukes:

In the video on the enenews page, the guy looking at the the microscope speaks low and mumbling, so it's hard to hear. The guy who's doing the recording (I assume it's Oyama Koichi) repeats some workds. This is what I could gather:

"Not infestation now… I see a kind of germination… There was (probably) infestation (first) and then in winter, it died but spores accumulated… and it is going to propagate"

• BreadAndButter BreadAndButter

ugh!!
          Thanks!

• Myme

I checked on Mr. Oyama's web site and found more info on the "black substance":

The black substance = blue green algae with radionuclides

They were able to identify the algae with a microscope and computer. Obviously they could not see the radionuclides but their hand-held device detected elevated radiation.

So Mr. Oyama took a sample of the black substance to the city for lab analysis, and they came back with this measurement: over 500,000 Bg/kg of cesium !

In another video on his web site, he waves an instrument on the black substance in a plastic bag. It registers 3.5-4 μSv/h of gamma ray on the surface of the bag. When he removes a cap of the instrument (supposedly this allows to measure beta ray), it registers 6 μSv/h.

This stuff is scattered all over Minamisoma city and he is very concerned children are breathing it.

BTW, the guy looking at the microscope in the video is professor Suzuki (Botany specialist, Tohoku University).

Also it should be noted, that Mr. Oyama prohibits nuke industry people and government workers from visiting his web site for pro nuke activities. He specifically states that he would charge 10,000 YEN to them for each instance of borrowing (citing) his words, as little as 10 words, from his web site.

• BreadAndButter BreadAndButter

Thank you again, Myme. That doesn't sound good…

• NoNukes NoNukes

Thank you so much Myme! I wasted 2 hours researching Kenji Suzuki yesterday, lol! I wish that I understood Japanese.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Then it is a mix of both…algae full of radionuclides.
            Algae..reproduction by spore..how is that to be contained?
            Plenty of food source..plenty of food.
            Some cyanobacteria produce toxins, called cyanotoxins. These include anatoxin-a, anatoxin-as, aplysiatoxin, cylindrospermopsin, domoic acid, microcystin LR, nodularin R (from Nodularia), or saxitoxin. Cyanobacteria reproduce explosively under certain conditions. This results in algal blooms, which can become harmful to other species if the cyanobacteria involved produce toxins.
            "These toxins can be neurotoxins, hepatotoxins, cytotoxins, and endotoxins, and can be toxic and dangerous to humans as well as other animals and marine life in general. Several cases of human poisoning have been documented but a lack of knowledge prevents an accurate assessment of the risks.[25][26][27] Recent studies suggest that significant exposure to high levels of some species of cyanobacteria producing toxins such as BMAA can cause amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease). The Lake Mascoma ALS cluster [28] and Gulf War veteran's cluster are two notable examples.[26][27][29]"

• WorseThanChernobyl

I still don't understand why this algae is suddenly growing in the ditches. Has anyone explained that yet? Why is it so dangerous? Is it because it is radioactive or some other reason? The whole story seems very odd to me.

• mungo mungo

japanese are reporting things, look here..

• Bobby1

mungo, that website is located in America, it is outside of Japanese jurisdiction. Even though the content is in Japanese.

We need a radioactive symptoms website in English for Americans too.

• NoNukes NoNukes

+2.

Bobby1, do you remember from your research last year, if the numbers of deaths in the D.C. area were lower than elsewhere? From your reports, it looks like the general place to be, but I also remember that you thought the numbers were suspicious.

Also, I have tried to find the research that you did on the Northern California data, and I am not having luck. Do you know what I mean? Sorry for all the questions this morning.

• Bobby1

NoNukes,

The Oregon & N California thing might be here:

The link to Oregon radiation monitoring is no longer found, a 404.

The mortality data from DC had it up 4% in 2011. But most of that region from Maryland & Delaware south to Florida had lower mortality than the rest of the country. (The exceptions were DC, Atlanta, Charlotte & Wilmington DE.) It makes sense to a degree, the air currents take the contaminated air north during a La Nina, plus the effect of the mountains to the west.

The Jacksonville data started getting screwy, people almost stopped dying there according to the CDC. Some other Florida & Texas data looked suspicious too. I stopped trusting the data when the spike on the west coast in Nov & Dec was offset almost exactly by the drop in the south Atlantic region.

• Myme

That's good, the website where Japanese are reporting things.

I do agree with Bobby1 that it would be ideal if we could database the voice of the people in both Japanese and English.

For one, it would put human faces (ho matter anonymous) on the fallout of nuclear accidents and raise awareness all over the world. The more the world learns about the real voices of Fukushima victims, the better we can educate everyone.

Also, right now, Japanese people are crying for help to each other and suffering by themselves. If their voices can be heard in English, not only that makes it more difficult for the JP Govt to spin and hide, but more medical and other experts can lend help from all over the world.

The Japanese web site http://sos311.bbs.fc2.com/ currently does not offer any medical advice or even referral to useful informatin for those who made the symptom report.

• ncmissouri

This is probably not the best place to post this, but I'm in northeast Missouri and the birds seem to be having trouble finding enough to eat. The earthworms seem to have vacated the premises. I noticed this on the sidewalk where I work. Usually it has about 20-30 worms on the walk after a good rain. Now there is just one or none. I've also found a young wild gosling that seemed to have died in our front yard. Maybe he starved. That's a first. Our yard birds' populations seem to be down, also. Maybe it's just the time of the year. We're much warmer than normal, about a month ahead of schedule.

• NoNukes NoNukes

ncmissouri,

Sorry to hear that, no worms, slugs, or snails in California, either. Few birds. I'll copy this over to the Anomalies thread for a record.

• NoNukes NoNukes

…there must be worms, slugs and snails somewhere, but the sidewalk/garden used to be full of them after rain, and I can't remember when I saw one last.

• StillJill StillJill

I remember the slugs MELTING in the rain late last April.

Cali,……reminds me of the 'Hotel California' song. "You can check-out anytime you like,….but you can NEVER leave!"

I feel like I am too 'HOT' to handle!

I think I have some idea how the 'aware Japanes' feel! :-(

• glowfus

i cannot believe i am participating in such a morbid, disgusting, inhumane study such as this but here is my observation of two births and one pending, x2 months ago, healthy birth, x3 weeks ago, still-born, and one is due in july. california.

• Time Is Short Time Is Short

It's not inhumane, when it's for the betterment of public knowledge. But I guess Mengele thought the same thing. Can't come up with a good difference.

OTOH, the people that created this mess have the same psychological profile as Mengele.

Our ultimate failure is not recognizing our leaders for what they really are. The responsibility lies with us, and we will all pay the price.

• NoNukes NoNukes

glowfus, if my baby dies because of these monsters, I hope that you would scream about it from the rooftops. One of the only ethical things to do.

• Time Is Short Time Is Short

Hell, no, they don't want this info out. I don't know about Japan, but soon they won't allow filming of births in US/Canadian hospitals. Don't want to post those horrors on YouTube.

We're never going to get honest answers about this from anyone responsible for tracking the numbers.

But we know where it's headed – 1 year, 5 years – there's no stopping this train.

• TraderGreg

If you want truth (nuclear and more) to have some chance get off yours and go voting for RP. He is the only chance to clean up this den of vipers.

• Time Is Short Time Is Short

Sorry, TG. RP is absolutely correct about his economics regarding the Fed (re: "The Creature From Jekyll Island").

But RP is totally pro-nuke, and refuses to answer any questions about the disaster emanating from Fukushima and its' effects on the United States.

No one willing to tell the whole truth will ever be allowed to run in any general election, at any level. Some can admit pieces of the puzzle, but no one can tell it all.

• dharmasyd dharmasyd

TG & TIS…Many people on this site have 'fallen' for Ron Paul. It's a naive mistake. He is good on one, and only one, issue—involvement in foreign wars. He wants us out. His economics is so so. But, as TIS says, he is definitely pro nuke. I posted the links here earlier. I'm sorry, I don't care to look those links up again. One of my 'moans' about ene is that one has to keep repeating the same things as new naivetes come aboard and mouth things like "nuke fuku," or "elect Ron Paul." Sorry, but you need to look deeper into Ron Paul's issues, unless you like racism and nuclearism.

• stopnp stopnp

Yes please do. Please start making everyone aware of the deformities and stillbirths

We know governments will try to suppress this information and down play it just like Chernobyl. Luckily we have the internet today. That is until it gets censored.