Title: How Dangerous is the Radioactive Wave Headed Toward the US?
Source: The Big Picture (RT)
Date: April 6, 2012
Description: Kevin Kamps, Beyond Nuclear, joins Thom Hartmann. California beware! A radioactive wave is headed toward the West Coast of the United States courtesy of the Fukushima nuclear disaster? [...]
Transcript Excerpt at 4:00 in
KAMPS: And that plume, as you said, it’s taken a year but it has now hit Hawaii. Another year from now it’ll probably reach the West Coast of the US.
This simulation shows the plume approaching Hawaii last month: WATCH: Radioactive plume map shows Fukushima contamination heading toward Hawaii (VIDEO)
- Radiation plume heading toward Hawaii, says Japan gov't study -- Fukushima-contaminated water to hit in under 2 years -- Ocean may be 50% of EPA's maximum contaminant level for drinking water (PHOTO)
- TV: Gov't testing for radioactive material on Hawaii beaches -- "It is something that's been quietly under way for the past year here" -- NOAA, EPA, State all preparing together for tsunami debris (VIDEO)
Published: April 8th, 2012 at 10:38 am ET
- Hawaii TV: Fukushima plume to reach coast of U.S. next year — “Radiation increase will be measurable” (PHOTO) September 12, 2013
- UPI: Fukushima plume to reach U.S. West Coast in months; Measurable increase in radioactive material — Study: Prolonged exposure for California lasting 10 years; Hits Hawaii early 2014… may already be surrounded (PHOTO) August 28, 2013
- Senior Scientist on HBO: I’d worry about swimming in Hawaii’s ocean starting in 2015 due to Fukushima plume (VIDEO) September 17, 2013
- Professor: “Fish caught off coast of America and of course near Hawaii have had high level of cesium” — “We had scientists in Hawaii tracking radiation” from Fukushima February 26, 2014
- WATCH: Radioactive plume map shows Fukushima contamination heading toward Hawaii (VIDEO) March 16, 2012