Nuclear Expert: Radioactivity increasing in Tokyo air filters — Not from initial blasts — Cesium is being revolitalized into air (VIDEO, Part I)
Oct. 20 — Congratulations to the new website Fukushima Update and James Corbett for the informative October 20 interview with Fairewinds chief nuclear engineer Arnie Gundersen.
At 1:40 (Transcript Summary)
- We just received some data that shows air filters on houses in Tokyo have seen an increase in radioactive particles compared with two months before.
- It’s not from the initial blasts.
- I think it could be from burning of radioactive debris that is revolatilizing the cesium… Radioactive particles are no longer just on the ground.
- We’re seeing this in air filters that were replaced a month ago… To see that is an indication that the cesium is now airborne again.
h/t Desert Lady, radioactive.eu.com
- Tokyo official blasts parents who want kids to avoid ingesting radioactivity at school: “It is important to share the pain” January 25, 2012
- Gundersen: Airplane air filters coming back from Australia were contaminated with Fukushima radioactivity in months after 3/11 (VIDEO) September 23, 2012
- Nuclear Expert: Periodic nuclear fissions happening in part of No. 1′s reactor core — “Inadvertent criticality” (VIDEO) April 3, 2011
- Researcher: Indoor air filter just north of Tokyo contaminated with 230 picocuries/ft² during September — We’re finding radiation increasing in food chain (VIDEO) December 9, 2011
- Researcher: Tokyo sample had radioactivity levels higher than in Chernobyl exclusion zone — “There’s a very, very high level of contamination even as far south as Tokyo” (VIDEO) August 17, 2011