U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (pdf), March 14, 2011: From Randy Sullivan — Thumbnail analysis of direct exposure rate reading on the Regan Aircraft Carrier. This is only an order of magnitude analysis, based on very limited data and calculation, but it seems to indicate an important consistency. NRC performed a Rascal calculation for 40% core damage (melt) and design leakage (1%). NARAC indicated they thought our calculation was a factor of 500 low based on a 0.6 mrem/hr reading on the aircraft carrier about 100 nautical miles away.
Vladimir Asmolov, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Rosenergoatom (Russia’s state owned nuclear power operator), Jan. 1, 2014: “A huge wave flooded the area for just ten minutes, and the [Fukushima Daiichi] plant was not ready for that. The worst happened later. We modelled the meltdown based on the worst-case scenario, and our assessment turned out to be accurate. The staff did nothing to prevent the catastrophe. [...] The main story has been established. [...] the overheated reactors cracked and released radioactive waste into the environment.”
Published: January 2nd, 2014 at 9:39 pm ET
- Gov’t Analysis: Up to 592 Trillion Bq of Plutonium equivalent involved in disaster at US nuclear dump – Over 5,000 times amount in waste drum blamed for WIPP release — Official: “We thought for sure” there were multiple ruptured drums — “It actually was measured” in city many miles away (VIDEO) May 5, 2015
- ‘Worst Case Scenario’ has happened at US nuclear site — Robert Redford film predicted 2014 WIPP disaster: Plutonium release due to chemical reaction in burst nuclear drum is ultimate catastrophe… Most significant issue is combustible waste exposed to high heat, everyone understands that (VIDEO) December 1, 2014
- Insider in charge of monitoring radiation at TMI says radioactive release was 100s or 1,000s of times higher than gov’t admits July 25, 2011
- ‘New tests show elevated radiation’ near U.S. nuclear site — ‘More airborne radiation detected’ around WIPP — Gov’t issues press release on ‘radiological event’ (MAP) February 24, 2014
- Officials: Nuclear release from container(s) indicated at #WIPP site — “We never, ever thought this kind of an event would occur” — “Absolute seriousness of this can’t be overstated” — Resident: “I feel like they’re not telling us everything” (VIDEO) February 25, 2014