Title: Workers at Fukushima nuclear plant struggle to contain rush of contaminated water
Date: May 1, 2013
Dan Hirsch, a nuclear safety expert, president of the Committee to Bridge the Gap, and lecturer at the University of California, Santa Cruz: Many experts are extremely concerned that we could have additional releases.
This is a very, very unstable facility.
Very, very damaged with people working in extraordinary high radiation fields trying to repair it.
Published: May 1st, 2013 at 9:49 am ET
- ABC: ‘Mysterious surge’ in sick marine mammals all along California coast — Infested with parasites, extremely emaciated; “Very seriously ill… in very bad shape” — Experts: “We’re extremely concerned right now” — Deaths up 1,500% at rescue facility — ‘Number mystifies officials’ (VIDEOS) January 13, 2015
- “Very chilling warning” from Japan expert who foretold Fukushima meltdowns: “The Gods are warning us of something even more serious… incredibly disastrous” — Professor: Suddenly, our sun is doing very strange things… Crisis much worse than Carrington Event possible… Most unstable period since ice age, I’m very concerned about nuclear plants (VIDEO) May 26, 2015
- Nuclear Expert: This is just 1st radioactive wave hitting U.S. and Canada; Fukushima pouring into ocean, unstoppable for years and years — Marine Expert: No sign it will stop anytime soon; Plant unstable, potentially worse than Chernobyl (AUDIO) January 21, 2014
- Radio: Problems looming at Fukushima plant; Soil unstable, risk of liquefaction — CBC: If fuel pool comes down, release could be dozens of times larger than Chernobyl (AUDIO) September 9, 2013
- NPR: Scientists test for Fukushima plutonium being transported in Pacific — Study: Plutonium particles found to have “high environmental mobility” — Expert: Fuel materials may be flowing from plant, “What is actually contained in releases?” (AUDIO) February 12, 2014