Fukushima in the USA?
August 9, 2012
At 39:15 in
Host: On a daily there’s problems at nuclear reactors all around America, is there one in particular that our viewers should be most concerned about?
Gunter: We are focused on these GE mark 1′s and 2′s… where thousands of tons of nuclear waste is sitting up in these roof top pools. These are essentially Chernobyl’s waiting to happen. Tens… thousands of times more than what we saw.
Wikipedia on Gunter: [...] An energy policy analyst and activist [...] In 2007, Gunter joined Beyond Nuclear as their nuclear reactor specialist.
Published: August 10th, 2012 at 5:58 pm ET
- TV: Nuclear scientists concerned about structural safety of Fukushima fuel pools — 85 times more long-lived radioactivity than Chernobyl (VIDEO) April 23, 2012
- Report: Nuclear fuel fragments found over a mile away were “ejected from the reactor cores in those explosions” not spent fuel pools, according to NRC (VIDEO) August 18, 2011
- Nuclear Expert: Biggest concern at Fukushima is the huge source of radioactivity from molten fuel and spent fuel pools winding up in ocean — “The health of the entire Northern Pacific is at stake” (AUDIO) September 7, 2013
- “Uncontrollable radioactive flow” coming from nuclear plant near NYC — Actual releases are “trillions of times” higher than reported during latest leak — Cracks in multiple spent fuel pools — Intense investigation underway to see if it can be stopped (VIDEO) March 1, 2016
- Nuclear specialist: Corium hitting water table is “big concern” — Once fuel hits groundwater the concern is “it just blows right up” (VIDEO) December 7, 2011